Chapter 10

The Next Day- Amari's P.O.V

"Ok. And Thats It, Notebook Check Is Tomorrow" My Teacher Mr. Foster said. I gathered my books and stuffed them in my backpack.

"Nookie that boy has been looking at you all day" Asha said. I turned around and saw the boy that asked me for my pen yesterday. I smiled at him and waved. He smiled back and started to walk towards us. "He's coming" Asha whispered. I just stood there and waited for him to come.

He came over and looked at Asha. "Wassup" He said to her. "Hi" She said smiling. He smiled back and then looked over at me. "Hey Ma" He said. "Hey" I said back. He then gave me my pen back. "I forgot to give this back to you" He said smiling. I laughed. "I have more pens at home" I said. He grabbed my hand and put the pen it in and closed my hand up. "Its yours though Anna" He said. I frowned. "Who Is Anna?" I asked. "Isnt that your name?" He asked with a frown. "Its Amari... And This Is Big sister Asha" I said. "Yall Family must have alot of A's" He said. We both nodded. "So whats your name?" Asha asked. "Brandon" He said. She nodded. "Yo Asha!" Her bestfriend Mya yelled. "Oh yall I gotta go" She said walking off. Which left me and Brandon alone. "Wanna get some lunch?" He asked. "Naa Im good. I gotta leave and go to my apartment rehh quick" I said getting my keys out my purse. He nodded. "What bout tomorrow then?" He asked. I smiled. "Sure" I said. "Ok" He said. "Catch ya later" I said. "Ight" He said . A cute girl walked over to him and hugged him. "Waddup" He said. I looked at him while he was smiling at her. "None. Im so tired" She said putting her hair in a ponytail. She looked at me and smiled. "Hi" She said. "Hey" I said back. "Amari this is my Lil sister Brashay". "Shay this is Amari" Brandon said introducing us. "You and Brandon dating?" She asked. "No. Were just... Friends , We just met yesterday" I said. She nodded. "Well maybe we can start hanging out then " She said.

"Yea" I said. "Well Yall I gotta get to lunch" She said. "Me Too." Brandon said. He hugged me. "Imma call you later ok." He said. I smiled. "Ok" I said. I walked off and made my way to my car.

I got into my car and crunk it up. "Jhene, I need to hear ya songs girl" I said putting her album in. I put my shades on and sped off. My phone was ringing and it was my mom.

"Hey mama". I said. "Hey Nookie, Look I really need you to come down here Friday and Saturday" She said. I sighed. ''Ma, all the way to New Orleans ? You know I cant do that, I got to work" I said. "Aloni told me yall quit" She said. I frowned. "We Quit ? " I asked. "Yep" She said. "Ok well I Havent quit my job mama... but look I'll come to the boutique" I said. "Alright. See you Friday" She said. "Mhm" I said and hung up. Aloni didnt tell me she told my mama that We quit working at the club.

*************

Augusts' P.O.V

"baby can you rub my feet?" K asked. I sighed. "Yea sure" I said. K been asking me to do stuff for her back and forth. "That feels so good" She said. I looked at her and shook my head. "Whats your problem?" She asked. "None" I said. "Yes it is because everytime I ask you to do something you act like Im killing you" She said. "I dont feel like arguing with you" I said . "Stop rubbing my feet!" She yelled. "Mayne ian got time for this shit." I said. "What the fuck you mean? You bout to leave me!" She said getting up from the bed. "Im not leaving you.. but I  am leaving" I said. She looked at me. "August dont leave baby" She said grabbing my arm. "Gone K" I said. She hugged me. "I said Gone K" I said pushing her on the bed. "I know you didnt just push me ! You know what August , Fuck you ! " She said. I shrugged my shoulders. "Want me to help pack ya shit ?" I asked. "I dont need you to help pack shit!" She said. Just then there was a knock at the door. "Chase pack your stuff were leaving!" K yelled. I ran downstairs to get the door. I opened it. It was Aloni. "Wassup Loni" I said. "Hey August.. Umm whats going on?" She asked. "Me and K just broke up" I said. She rolled her eyes. "Thats what I came here to talk about. " She said. I closed the door and stepped outside. "Ma what'chu mean?" I asked looking down at her. "August you and Nookie made for eachother. You the one being the fool and  keep falling for K's shit" She said. "Look I promise Im through with her nii. I was gettin sick of her ass asking me to do shit" I said. She nodded. "Well you gonna be single for a few weeks cause Nookie not forgiving no time soon." She said. I rubbed my hands down my face and looked at her. "So what'chu wanna do?" she asked. "How bout you throw a party or some shit.. Invite me ... then I'll get her" I said. "Ok" she said. "Hol'up.. Loni .. How you know where I live?" I asked her. "August this is ATL all I did was keep driving around rich ass neighboorhoods and look on your mailbox... which says Alsina" She said. I laughed. "Ight then Loni just call me when you make the plans" I said. "I got'chu" She said. We hugged eachother. I looked at her ass while we was hugging. "August you can let me go now" Aloni said laughing. "My bad girl damn , You got a ass like Nookie" I said. She smiled. "Why you lookin at hoes asses?" K said standing in the door.