25. Coming back to you

"Good morning." Luhan was welcomed with smiling Jongin, his neighbor, as soon as he opened the front door to his house.

"Mr. Kim, come on in." He ushered Jongin inside and directed him to sit on the sofa in the living room.

"Is Minnie ready for school, Doctor Xi?" He asked before he checked his wristwatch. "We still have about 20 minutes left before the class started." He informed.

"Oh, Minnie's still having her breakfast now. I'll tell her to be quick." Luhan was about get up from his seat, when Jongin raised his hands preventing him to go.

"No need to rush, Doctor Xi!" He exclaimed, then politely gestured his hands to make Luhan take his seat back. "My boy is still having his breakfast as well. I think we should let them take their time."

Luhan nodded, showing his approval. Seconds after he heaved a sigh. "Thank you so much Mr. Kim, I appreciate your kindness to take Minnie to school in my place. But, you don't really need to do it every day. I've owed you big time already."

Jongin shook his head. "Doctor Xi, if you're still uneasy about that kidnapping event, I suggest you to forget it. It's been my responsibility to take care of such crime case. I was glad you contacted me before anybody else, so I can return the favor to you for helping my wife's labor." He beamed.

"It's really nothing compared to your help, Mr. Kim. If you didn't come sooner, I didn't know what would happen to Minhee." Luhan let another sigh.

"And honestly, I didn't know what would happen to Hana if you didn't help her labor either." Jongin replied quickly.

"Besides, thanks to you now I've learned more about the chain of mercenaries' network in this city. I and my team will find a way to handle them soon." Jongin smiled proudly. "So, I guess we can call it even between us, Doctor Xi."

Luhan smiled back. "Still, I'm so grateful to you, Mr. Kim." He then got up and bowed which was soon responded with the same bow from Jongin.

"Just call him Jongin, hyung. He's the youngest among us after all." Jongdae suddenly barged in to the house and plopped himself down on the sofa soon after.

"Sure you can call me that." Jongin approved.

"Then just call me, Luhan." Luhan offered.

"Seriously, what are you guys doing with all the formality? It's hurt to listen to you guys talking, you know?" Jongdae commented with a frown on his face.

"Stop nagging, Jongdae. Behave!" Chanyeol scowled at Jongdae before he turned to smile at Luhan and greeted him as cheerful as always.

"Morning hyung. How's Minhee doing today?"

"Overall, her vitals are good. But, nothing more." Luhan said calmly; his lips were pulled to a wry smile thereafter.

"Don't be discouraged, hyung." Chanyeol tapped Luhan on the shoulder. "Yesterday, she's been able to move her fingers, right? That's a good progress."

"For the first time in forever, I need to agree with Chanyeol." Jongdae chided. "After one month with no good news, Minhee finally proved us something. Who knows what she would show us today."

"Daddy!" Minnie suddenly ran to the living room and landed safely in her father's embrace.

"Mommy's awake!"

Everybody gasped. Minnie's sudden announcement was too shocking to believe right away.

"My goodness! Minhee!" Chanyeol was the first person to let out the air out of his mouth to get him out of his shocked state.