22. It's the time - Part 2

"Minhee, you have to wake up. Minhee, hear me out! Please! I beg you please!" Baekhyun shouted frustratedly at the sleeping Minhee.

For the past two hours, Baekhyun had done his best to wake Minhee up from her deepest slumber. He had tried throwing pillows and blanket onto her face, but still she didn't budge. He had even poured bottles of water onto her face over and over again, but still she didn't even stir. Baekhyun felt like he was going crazy, seeing Minhee laying so hopelessly on the bed. She almost look like the poor sleeping beauty under the spell of an evil witch.

Baekhyun was so afraid that whatever poison Mei had injected into Minhee's system would bring out a severe effect to her body. Even worse, it can be lethal and caused the unwanted death of Minhee which he would never have a ball to witness.

He was then pacing, or in his case flying back and forth, as he was thinking so hard of how to save Minhee. Though he knew he wasn't exactly the best in academic area, Baekhyun still had faith in himself that maybe he got something in his brain that probably could help Minhee out of this unfortunate situation.

"Milk? Or maybe water?" Baekhyun muttered. "I think I've ever heard someone used either of them to detoxify the poison. I think I should give it a shot."

Without hesitation, Baekhyun immediately flew towards the kitchen. He then took two bottles of mineral water and a box of milk out of the refrigerator before he flew back to the room and helped Minhee drink those two liquids.

While waiting for the milk and water to show any reaction on Minhee, Baekhyun flew around the house. During his patrol, he only located Jihyun, Mei and Taehyung in the house.

Jihyun was alone, without Mei by her side, in the room next to Minhee's. She was sound asleep with IV drip connected to the vein on her wrist by using a sharp silver neeedle. She looked so peaceful in her sleep, but Baekhyun knew it better that Jihyun was actually in danger. So, taking the advantage of Mei's absence, Baekhyun slowly pulled the needle out of Jihyun's wrist, and threw away the bag of the venomous liquid till it was eventually wasted on the floor.

After making sure Jihyun was free from the torture, Baekhyun immediately went to find Mei. It turned out that Baekhyun spotted her alone in her room on the right side of Jihyun's room. This place almost looked like a mini lab with various items and equipments Baekhyun had ever seen in his science class during high school a long time ago. There, she was busy extracting some sort of chemical substances which Baekhyun believed would result in another dangerous liquid. So, before Mei attempted to use that to harm Minhee and Jihyun, Baekhyun decided to knock all the substances down to the floor, causing Mei to curse in anger soon after.

Satisfied witnessing the angry Mei, Baekhyun went to locate his brother, Taehyung. In a matter of seconds, Baekhyun already found him. As expected, Taehyung just did what he usually did. He was staying in the dimly lit living room all alone watching netflix, while gulping down an alcoholic drink out of its can. Obviously, he was trying his best to get his mind off something, and Baekhyun knew better what this particular 'something' was. It had always been Mei inside his brother's head. No one else. He sighed at the thought.

Could not stand watching his brother walllowing in sadness over his relationship with his evil girl, Baekhyun then sped off back to Minhee's room.

"Unggghh..." Minhee finally groaned, awake from her unconsciousness.

"My head hurt so much." She clutched on her hair, trying to get rid of the pain, but she couldn't. "What happened to me?"

"Minhee! You're awake!" Baekhyun exclaimed excitedly as soon as he passed through the wall oif Minhee's bedroom. Pride swelling in his chest noticing his effort was finally paid off.