21. The twisted girl - Part 2

"So, care to explain why you're taking me to Han river right now?" Minhee put her hands on the hips with her eyes staring right at the man before her.

"Well..." Luhan scoffed. "The thing is, now my wife finally remembers all of her forgotten past, can't I have her to myself only for today?"

"And ditching our job in the hospital?" Minhee raised her brows, challenging. "So sorry, you can have me another day then."

"Come on... it's not like it's our first time doing this, Minnie." Luhan put his hands on Minhee's shoulder, preventing her from going back to the car. "In fact, you've been ditching classes and works with me whenever you like it." He ended with a grin.

"No. Only whenever you like it." Minhee poked her finger on Luhan's chest.

"You can't help it though. You'll always go to wherever I go." Luhan shrugged it off, the teasing smile replaced his grin.

"You're such a bad influence, you know that?" Minhee cringed as she remembered how she skipped classes with Luhan several times during senior high and even college, just to go touring around the city on foot.

"Bad but sweet. Yeah right, I know." Luhan smirked.

Minhee sighed. Luhan indeed got a point. It had been a good time going out with him back then. It was terrifying yet thrilling at the same time for someone like Minhee who never once broke the rules.

"Sometimes I wonder how you even managed to be a surgeon, a good one at that."

"Well, I got the brain and a nagging girlfriend shoving me into books all the time. So yeah... I ended up becoming a doctor instead of a mafia leader." He shrugged.

"You regret it?" Minhee knitted her brows.

Luhan snorted at Minhee's worried expression. "Why would I? A surgeon, I've been working so hard to be one and I'm so good at it as you said so."

"Right." Minhee nodded.

"Besides, I wouldn't have saved that little brat's life if I were not a doctor." Luhan smiled bitterly, eyes staring down on to the river.

"You're right. Brain tumor is such a deadly disease. I'm glad Mei's finally recovered from it. You did well, Luhan." Minhee beamed at Luhan and held his hands, giving them a gentle squeeze.

"I remember, you just got a job in the hospital. You didn't waste any time and finally married me and took me to China, saying you have to save your sister and let me meet her, just so I can give her the attention you couldn't give her when she was young. You're such a sweet brother. I was so proud of you back then."

"I'm not a good brother, Minhee, and you know that. I might have saved Mei from her disease, but I didn't save her from the hatred. Thus, Sehun's gone." Luhan's shoulders dropped in an instant, and so was the expression on his face.

Couldn't bear watching Luhan looking so hurt, Minhee immediately enveloped him in her embrace soon after.

"Don't blame yourself, Luhan." Minhee said as she patted Luhan on the back. "Aren't we over this? We have to stop blaming ourselves and start fixing the situation."

"Yeah. I can probably start by doing another surgery on Mei's head. I think there are things inside her brain which still need some fixing." Luhan chuckled eventually.

"I should probably fix your head first before you do that to her." Minhee shoved Luhan away and crossed her hands over her chest.

"And you can do that by giving me a passionate kiss." Luhan smiled sheepishly.