23. The always loving girl

This place was so familiar to Minhee. The sky, the mist, everything was all white around her. The air felt so cold to the skin, making her shiver yet she  enjoyed the sensation. Wafting with the breeze blowing her long black hair was the smell of the pine leaves and morning dew. They smelled so fresh, soothing her mind and heart though she had no idea where she was at the very moment.

"Noona!" Someone's voice echoed in the silence making her flinch at the sudden realization of the voice's owner.

"Noona! On your right!" The voice said again. Following the voice direction, Minhee's eyes finally found a figure she'd been wanted to see.

"Sehun!" Minhee burst out in tears as she ran towards her brother and soon enveloped him in a longing embrace. "Praise the almighty God, I can actually meet you again, Sehun."

"I miss you so much, noona." Sehun smiled as he brought his hands to gently rub his sister on the back.

"You have no idea how much I've begged God to see you again." Minhee pulled away and eyed the face of his brother with admiration. "I'm so grateful my prayers are finally answered."

"It's been tough out there, isn't it?" Sehun offered her sister a weak smile.

"It is. I don't even know what had happened to me. Am I dead already?" She knitted her brows, looking so worried and sad.

"Noona..." Sehun was about to say something, but put his lips to a thin line instead. He was holding back.

"Is that a yes?" Minhee asked, but Sehun didn't answer her question. He just stood still and looked at Minhee with a sad smile.

"Alright." She sighed. "Maybe it's the fate I'm destined with. I regret nothing. I've met many beautiful people in my life and I'm always grateful with that."

"Noona, come with me." Sehun put his arm over Minhee's shoulder and led her to a white bench.

"What's that?" Seated on the bench, Minhee was then awed with the huge hologram-like screen hanging before her.

"Some kind of monitor to watch people." Sehun said, amusement in his tone as he watched how Minhee's eyes were wide open looking at the screen.

"I see." Minhee said slowly, trying to take in what Sehun said while admiring the scenes of people interacting in the screen.

"Do you want to see how our family are doing?" Sehun suddenly offered.

"Uh?" Minhee gaped for a moment. "Can I?"

"Sure you can." Sehun smiled at her before he motioned his hand in an intricate way and there revealed was Luhan, Jihyun and her parents in her new house.

"Grandma, grandpa, I miss mommy. What should I do?" Jihyun said in between her painful sob, before she was engulfed in the embrace of her loving grandparents.

"Jihyun..." Tears started to stream down Minhee's cheeks. Her chest was burning and churning with a sudden pain.

"Why are you doing this to me, Minhee?" It was Luhan's turn to appear in the screen. He was sitting in the dining room all alone. His hands clasped together as his head was ducked down; his bang hiding his face.

"I thought we're finally going to make things work again. " He then shoved his bang up, revealing his pale face and swollen eyes.

"I thought... we're finally going to start a happy family once you remember me again." His eyes were slowly brimming with tears as he looked to the front with the hollow stare.

"Luhan..." Minhee could not help herself anymore. She cried her heart out witnessing how miserable Luhan was because of her.

"I'm so sorry, Luhan. I wish I could go back to you."