Chapter 7

*Kylie's POV*

"He did what?!"

"No no no!" Lexi gushed through the phone. "Rebecca was flirting with him."

"Oh" I sighed in relief. "But.. How do you know?"

"Austin told me, that in history class, Taylor was flirting with Rebecca." She said. Austin? Why would Austin want to accuse Taylor if he didn't even know him? "But, I was a good friend and tried to defend your boyfriend. Oh, and Austin also told me that Taylor is a jerk."

"How could he have the guts to say that?" I felt anger rising within me, I thought Austin was a good guy... "Well, thanks Lexi."

"No prob" she answered. Im lucky to have such a friend like Lexi.

"Kylie!" My mom squealed, "I'm leaving!"

"Coming!" I responded. "Talk to you later, Lexi."

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"To the mall with mom, she wants to buy me new stuff."

"Nice! Send me pics!" She said before I hung up.

***

The mall was slightly crowded, but we made our way through the haze and to my favorite stores. "I'm gonna go to Bakers, do you mind if I leave you alone for a sec?" Mom said.

"Yeah, whatever." I answered. When I arrived at Love Culture, almost immediately a dress that caught my eye; it was a skin-tight black, with a golden zipper in the middle, sleeveless. Wonderful, I thought. I took a small one and went directly to the dressing room. It was perfect. I got out of the dressing room and looked at my reflection in the mirror: I was speechless. It fitted my curves perfectly. I was gazing at the mirror when a low murmur interrupted my thoughts.

"Kylie?" I turned around and saw... "Austin?" I said, bewildered. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Uh..." he stammered while his eyes scanned me from head to toe. I suddenly became self-conscious of the fact that I had a very tight and sexy dress on. The very definition of a 'Little Black Dress'. "I-I might go and change now..." I said as I walked towards the dressing room, feeling Austin's eyes still on me.

"You look beautiful" Austin said. I could almost sense the grin on his face before I turned around.

"Thank you..." I said shyly. Shit, I thought when I stepped into the dressing room, staring blankly at the mirror; I was flushed, flustered, blushing uncontrollably... He just called me beautiful, something that Taylor barely said to me.

After I changed back to my jeans and shirt, Austin was waiting for me outside. What is he still doing here? "Want to go and grab some food?" He added, "I pay."

"Umm, no thank you... My mom is waiting for me outside." I said.

"No she isn't" He said.

I answered, startled "How would you know?" I asked.

"I told her you were going to stay with me and go do whatever you want." He quickly replied with a smirk on his face. Why did he tell her that? He should have asked me first! "So...you coming?" he asked while making his way outside. What do I have to loose? I should take this opportunity to talk to him about Taylor and Rebecca...

"Sure" I finally answered. What I didn't realize was that I probably had more to lose than I could fathom.

"Ice cream?" he offered. "Okay... Cookies-" I started but was soon interrupted by Austin "-and cream with sprinkles" he finished with a wink.

"I- I-...how did you know?" I asked, my eyes widening. "Lexi told me" he smirked.

"Did she also tell you that I was going to the mall?" I questioned accusingly.

"Hmmm...I guess that's for me to know and you to never find out" he said as he chuckled in a low, sexy voice. "Why don't you just forget about that and eat ice your cream for now?" he said. I tried to hide my uneasiness with a smile but, for some reason, I don't think it went so well.

***

I was now unbuckling my seat belt in Austin's car. The car ride was eerily silent. "I had a great time at the mall with you." he said, trying to break the ice "We should go out again..."

"As friends, Austin. Yeah, I had a good time as well. Thank you." I said, somewhat hesitant.

"You're so cute." He said.

"Austin, stop. Please." I opened the door of the car before he could reply and jumped outside. "See ya." I said, leaving him stammering after me as I walked up the front steps. I quickly got to the door of my house, went in, and shut it behind me. I pressed my back to the door. My heart was racing. Why was he doing that? He clearly knows that Taylor is my boyfriend. I ran up the stairs and entered my bedroom. I have to call Lexi. The phone rang and rang, but she didn't pick up. Crap... where is she?!

*Alexi's POV*

"What else? Oh Austin, you have to tell me more!" I said, clenching my cellphone to my ear

.

"Nothing else..." he said sadly through the phone. "Lexi... I don't think she likes me..."

"But she barely knows you!" I said with a failed attempt of cheering him up "You should tell her more about yourself."

"How?" He asked.

"Hanging out and stuff" I replied.

"Yeah but she has a boyfriend... remember?"

"Right..."

"Anyways, I gotta go. Thanks Lexi" He said.

"Bye bye" I said, and hung up.

I looked at my phone screen. I had three missed calls from Kylie. I dialed her number and pressed the green button; she picked up right away.

"What happened to you? What were you doing?" she asked, sounding a bit shaken up, if I do say so myself.

"Dude, chill. I was talking." I said.

"Oh, ok."

"So... tell me." I said to her, until she told me what's going on.

"I think I like somebody else..." she said hesitantly, as if testing the taste of the words in her mouth.

---------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Hello! Thank you for all your votes and comments guys! 'Perfection?' is almost getting to 400 reads, so I also want to thank you for the support you guys have given. Thanks to @jackiept who helped me with the editing of this chapter. So, who do you think will happen next? Do you think Kylie will no longer be with Taylor? Leave your opinions in the comments!

~ Gabby x