Chapter 41

*Austin's POV*

"Hello?" I answer my phone. Kylie's phone number popped up.

"Hey baby!" She says excitedly.

"Hey, you got your things back." I smile.

"Yes, I did and I was thinking we can go to some place to have dinner. What do you think?" She says through the phone.

"Dinner seems nice. To celebrate that you are no longer grounded. Oh, and we could also talk about your discussion with Rebecca." I tell her.

There was a slight pause, "I- I don't really think we need to discuss that." She said, her voice changing to a nervous one.

"Did something happen that you don't want to talk about?" I ask with curiosity.

"Not at all. I already told you, there's nothing to talk about." She said kind of rudely.

"I'm sorry... No need to talk to me in that way. I was just asking." I try to calm her down.

"Sorry, baby. It's just... It's just that all the pressing charges and then dropping them thing just gets me out of place." She explains, "You trust me if I tell you that everything's fine?"

"Yes, I trust you." I say.

"So, dinner?" She asks.

"Dinner seems great, but I'm going to take you somewhere fancy instead. So wear your fancy clothes and your makeup, even though I like you way more without it." I laugh.

"Oh don't bullshit me Austin!" She laughs back.

"I'm not! I'm serious baby." I smile.

"Mhm." She says. I can feel her rolling her eyes.

"I love you so much." I tell her.

"I love you more." She says.

"Are we gonna start this 'I love you more' thing?" I chuckle.

"Hm... Better not." She says.

"Well, be ready at eight." I tell her to finalize the conversation.

"Will be." She says.

"Goodbye Kyles."

"Bye bye." With that I press the end button.

I stand up from my bed, and set an alarm for 7:30, the time in which I should go and get Kylie at her house. It's 6:00, so I think I should start getting ready.

I enter my bathroom and remove all my clothes. I get inside the shower and start running the hot water. Kylie's question pops up in my mind.

You trust me if I tell you that everything's fine?

She has never asked me that before and I have never thought of that. I guess I have always trusted her. Why am I doubting now? I shouldn't be. I'm sure she trusts me like I trust her.

Once I've finished showering, I stepped outside the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. I take my blower and start to dry my hair, it obviously has to be nice. I want to look my best.

I turn off the blower when I'm done and take my hair gel. I apply it to my hair smoothly and style it as I like. I enter my room, take off the towel from my waist, and put on my boxers.

Now, decide what to wear. Believe it or not, this is a difficult task for me. It's not that easy to impress someone when you have so little clothes. What can I say, I'm a guy!

After picking out some outfits I decided on what I thought was best. A white button up shirt, some black jeans, and white sneakers. Let me say, I look pretty decent. I took my cologne and sprayed it to my body. I check myself in the mirror to see if I was presentable and then I was done.