Chapter 44

*Kylie's POV*

"Kylie, honey... wake up. You need to eat something." My mom said for the tenth time today. "It's going to be 4 P.M."

"I told you. I'm not hungry." I groaned and hid myself under the covers.

"You know, it's not the end of the world." She said, caressing my hair.

"It sure feels like it." I mumbled, my eyes tired from all the crying.

"This pain is not going to last forever you know... You've got to give it time, it just happened today." She said with a sigh and stood up. "Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?"

"No, mom. I don't." I grumbled and curled myself into a ball.

As soon as I heard the door close, I stood up a little too quickly, making me watch all my surroundings turn. Slowly, I walked to the bathroom to look at my horrible reflexion. Suddenly, I began to sneeze. Fuck. Now I have a cold. I touched my forehead with the palm of my hand. I was burning. Well, at least I won't have to go to school tomorrow I guess.

I then checked my phone. Nothing. I felt like crying again, but I felt as if my tears had ran out. Once I pulled myself together, I slowly made my way downstairs.

"Why not? Today is a great day to tell her. We can't wait any longer." My dad said.

I stopped my tracks in the middle of the stairs and layed my back against the wall, trying to make out their hushed voices.

"Austin broke up with her. Today is definetly not the day." My mom said furiously.

"The day for what?" I finally said, and made it through the rest of the stairs.

"Oh, nothing dear." My mother said calmly with a radiant smile.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What's happening?"

"Really, Kylie. It's nothing." My dad said.

"Well then, if it's nothing then why can't you guys just tell me?" I questioned, crossing my arms.

"It's just that..." My dad began, looking around nervously, "I wanted to have some sort of family dinner out some place. But your mom told me you weren't feeling well..."

"Bullshit!" I yelled.

"Kylie Carter!" My mom stood up from the couch and looked at me.

"Stop lying to me, I know this is not what's going on. I want to know the truth. I'm sick and tired of people lying to me!" My eyes and throat burn, I want to cry so badly.

"Kylie, listen. Your mother and I would like to talk to you about a... delicate situation. But right now is not the time-"

"Stop it! My day has been horrible, there's nothing worse than what's happening to me right now." I said furiously. What's the big deal?

"Honey..." My mom began.

"Stop with the nonsense! Just tell me!" I spat, making my dad angry.

"Oh, you really want to know?" My dad said calmly, crossing his arms just like me.

My mom stepped in, "Gerard-"

"We're moving to Florida." My dad said without thinking twice and stood up. My mom looked at him with a shocked expression, "When you finish your finals, the day after, we're leaving."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"We're leaving Cali? I'm leaving my school, my friends?" I ask, backing up a little.