Chapter 45

*Austin's POV*

Oh what my life has come to. Rebecca is pressing charges, I just broke up with the most beautiful girl in the world because she cheated on me, I basically have nobody left at school who I can talk to about this. 

Its still raining outside and I can't stop thinking about Kylie getting to her house drenched.

Hell, I can't stop all the thoughts from clouding my mind. 

How am I going to live without her? I'm so used to seeing her face everyday, at least through skype. Hearing her voice which I never got tired of. Texting her every single day and knowing she was always there for me. But that has to stop now. I'll just see her at school, from far away, we'll exchange glances and just walk away. 

My thoughts vanish when there's a knock on my door.

"I told you mom, I'm not in the mood for talking." I yell.

The door cracks open and Alex's head pops in, "Why you so grumpy man?" He asks.

I laugh, "You just used the word grumpy."

"I like the word and yeah, I won't use it again." He laughs.

"You make no sense." I grin. First time I've smiled since yesterday. 

AC sits on my bed beside me, "Now, time for you to explain what's going on. You've been ignoring my calls since yesterday and now you are in a very bad mood."

"It's a very long story." I sigh.

"I'm your best friend, I'm here to hear you out." He half smiles.

"Well, it all started out when I got to Kylie's house and Justin's car was parked beside the sideway." I start.

"Why would he be at Kylie's house?" Alex asks.

"No idea. So, I got out of my car and rang the doorbell. Kylie's mom answered the door and I asked for Kylie. She told me that she was occupied, that I should come by later. Obviously, trying to avoid me encountering Justin. I told her that I had to see Kylie right at moment and just rushed past her. She called my name various times, but I was already at Kylie's door." I explain.

"Oh Austin, you're a bad boy or something now?" Alex laughs.

"What the hell Alex?" I laugh.

"Nah, just continue." He was still laughing.

"Well, I was hearing stuff coming from inside, like people making out. So, I knock on her door and I call her by her name..."

Hours pass and Alex and I are still talking about the same thing.

"Dude, I'm going to kill her." Alex tells me. I sigh. "So you guys are obviously not talking, right?" He asks.

"Well, I think its worse than that." My eyes start to burn.

"Oh no..." Alex stands up.

"Yeah, I broke up with her this morning." I lower my head and bring my palms up to my face, "I already miss her so much." 

"I'm so sorry, Austin." He puts his hand on my back.

"What did I do to deserve that? That's what I don't understand! I thought she loved me and she made it clear that she felt nothing for him." I say, angry.

"She's a bitch." Alex says.

I tilt my head to his side, "Don't call her that."

"Bro, it's true, but sure, I won't call her that." He says, "What about you come and have dinner with me and the guys?"

"Where?" I ask.

"I think you know the answer to that." Alex looks at me.

"Olive Garden?" I ask.

"Bingo." Alex says and reaches for the door handle, "I'm not accepting a no for an answer."

"Fine." I stand up and head out the door, Alex follows. 

We go down the stairs and go out the door. 

"Lets go with my car, tell Robert and Zach that we're on our way to pick them up." I tell Alex as we make our way to my car and get in.

I start the engine and get out on the street.

"They're at Zach's." Alex informs. 

We soon get to Zach's house and Zach and Robert are outside waiting already. They get in the back seat, "What's up!?" Robert says once he's inside.

"Nothing much." Alex responds.

"Where are we going?" Robert asks.

"We're going to have dinner at Olive Garden." I answer.

"Where's Kylie, Austin?" Zach asks.

"I-" I start.

"He'll explain when we get there, right now, don't ask him anything about her." Alex looks at them both.

"Did something bad happen?" Zach asks, with a worried look on his face.

"Yeah, kinda. As AC said, I'll tell you guys everything once we get there." I say.

"Okay. But are you alright Austin?" Robert asks.

"Not really, feeling better though." I smile at Robert and keep my eyes on the road. We don't want any more accidents to happen, do we?

Alex turns on the radio and puts on some station. The song that's playing brings back the time when Kylie and I were in this same car. Its lights by Ellie Goulding.

I remember Kylie jumping up and down and singing at the top of her lungs. I told her I didn't like the song, I still don't, but this just makes me remember those little moments I had with her. So full of joy and so carefree. 

I instantly take one hand of the steering wheel and turn off the radio. 

"Bro, that song is my jam!" Robert exclaims.

"Why did you turn it off, Austin? What's your problem?" Zach asks.

I press down on the brakes and turn my body to face Zach, "Do you want to know what my fucking problem is, huh? I just broke up with my girlfriend. I imagine you also want to know why, so here you go. She fucking cheated on me! Now, I turned off the radio because that song reminds me of her and right now, dude, I don't even want to know she exists. Or you leave that little attitude of yours for some other time or get the fuck out of my car!" I yell at him.

"Austin..." Alex warns me.

"What? You too?" I ask Alex loudly.

"Dude, we're really sorry..." Robert says.

"Please, don't..." I say.

I get my foot off the brakes and start driving once again. I'm in no mood of going to have dinner anymore, never was to be exact. So, I change my direction.

"Wait, where are you going?" Alex asks.

"I'm going to drop ya'll off at your respective homes so you can just leave me alone." I make no eye contact and everybody stays quiet for the rest of the way.

Now that's how I like it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

We're so so sorry for not updating in what like seems forever! We missed you guys! Thing is, we were caught up with summer reading while in the making of this chapter. Because of this inconvenient we're uploading the following chapter tomorrow! Please be happy and, once again, we're really sorry :( .

~Gabby & Laura  x

Twitter:

@gabbypmahone

@lauraroldanp