Chapter 38

*Kylie's POV*

Austin and I entered math class. Luckily, we take this class together, we we're now in fourth period. We sat down next to each other and at the next second, Alexis entered the room. I could feel the tension in the air.

"Is everything alright between you and Lexi?" Austin asked me quietly.

"Not real-"

"Miss Carter!" My math teacher said while eyeing me angrily.

I jumped, "Umm... Yeah?"

"You should be paying attention, you are having a test tomorrow." He said before erasing the board.

He copied some problems on the board and we worked quietly until the class ended.

After everyone left, I stood up and walked towards the door, but before i could go out, the teacher called me.

"Miss Carter, you haven't been paying a lot of attention to the class lately. Is everything alright?" He questioned.

"Yes, everything's alright. And I'm sorry, it won't happen again." I reply sternly.

He nods and motions me to go to lunch.

The entire situation with Austin, Rebecca and Alexis has me on edge. I couldn't keep those three out of my mind, not after the accident...

I was looking down and so deep into thought that I didn't notice someone was in front of me.

"Sorry." We both say at the same time.

I look up to find a guy with dirty blonde hair, blue eyes and a strong jawline. He gave me a crooked smile as I cursed under my breath.

"Hey, Kylie. How have you been?" Taylor asks while looking down.

"Hi... Um, I've been good. How about you?" I reply with a small smile.

"Good... How's Austin and Lexi doing? I haven't heard from any of you in a while." Taylor said as he met my eyes.

"They're good..." This couldn't be any more awkward.

"Oh, is John still at your house?" Taylor asked.

"Yeah, he is." I responded.

"Um, ok. Tell him I said hi."

"Well... I have to go to lunch." I say quickly while pointing towards the door at the end of the hall.

"Yeah me too, I'll go with you." He said.

Shit.

"So..." I say as we walk. "How are things with Rebecca going?" I couldn't help but sound a bit rude.

Taylor eyes me up and down before answering seriously, "We aren't together. That time you saw us in the movies was nothing... We didn't go out after that."

"Oh." I say before Taylor opens the door for me.

The fact that I enter the room with Taylor and that he opens the door for me doesn't make it a very good scene... I earned some weird looks from girls nearby and guys were eyeing Taylor. I think I even heard a girl mumbling "Are they back together or something?".

I quickly make my way to sit with Austin and Taylor heads to his seat with his football friends.

"Hey." I greet Austin and sit down, hoping that he didn't see me and Taylor.

"Hey babe." He says with a smile. I sigh, knowing that in fact he didn't see us. "How has your day been? Anything new?" He asks before taking a bite off his sandwich.