Chapter 43

*Kylie's POV*

I glanced over at my cellphone in my nighstand for the hundreth time today.

My heart sank, 4:00 AM and still no answer from Austin. I can't blame him, I honestly would've done the same thing If I was him. How could I be so stupid? Do I still have feelings for Justin? No, never. But, it doesn't matter anymore, Justin left and Austin officially hates me.

I then stood up from my bed to wash my face. I couldn't bear to look at myself in the mirror; I was a wreck. My cheeks red and puffy, my eyes small and watery with bags underneath them. But washing my face was pathetic. I started crying all over again. I sat down against the wall of my bathroom and just cried. I can't believe this is happening. This is literally hell. How am I supposed to get over someone like Austin? He is my everything. My always. That one person who was always there for me, no matter what stupid thing I had done. Our love was so real. Though, I would like to imagine it still is. I feel like nothing in this world matters anymore if he's not in it with me.

I decided to stand up and try this again. I washed my face, dried it with my towel, and kept myself away from crying. Come on Kylie, you can do this, at least for some time. I thought to myself. I got out of the bathroom and sat on my bed. Just because I stopped crying doesn't mean I was not sad, because I still was, really sad. Suddenly, I became really hungry. Maybe I'm that type of girl that eats when sad. Fuck.

I opened the door to my room, closed it behind me, and went down the stairs. How can I possibly be hungry at 4 in the morning? I entered the kitchen and opened the pantry. I searched slowly for what I wanted. Finally, I chose some doritos and rice krispies and made my way to the living room.

I turned on the T.V. and set it in a low volume, so my mom doesn't wake up and watched some old episode of Teen Wolf that was on on MTV. 

Once I finished all my food, I threw away the wrappers in the kitchen's trashcan, turned off the T.V., and went to my room. 

I checked my phone one last time, still no messages. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. This is too much for me. I checked the clock, 5 AM, I have to go to sleep.

*Austin's POV*

It is now 4:00 AM. My cellphone flooded with Kylie's messages. Saying that she's sorry, that we need to talk. But I can't seem to find the power to text her back. I don't want to. Actually, what I want to do is forgive her and go to her and hug her and tell her that its okay, that everything's fine and that I'll be there 'till the end. But no. She cheated on me. And that is something I'm not planning to forgive easily. It's something you should never forgive easily. 

I receive another text from Kylie, but I don't plan on reading any further texts. And then another one, another one, and another one. And this made me realize that words mean little when you're a little too late.

What bothers me the most is that I can't stop thinking about her. 

I feel like crying, but I should be strong.

To stop me from crying, I made myself go to sleep.

***

{10 AM}

"Where are you going?" My mom asks concerned while I headed to the door.

"Basketball court." I said. 

"Why?" She frowns.

"I just need some time alone." I nodded and opened the door.

"Austin."

I turned around, "Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" She questions, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yeah, yeah. I just need some time alone." I explain.