Chapter 36

*Austin's POV*

As soon as I collided into the car in front of me the airbags were released. I couldn't be more scared. I hit the other cars' door and probably the person got injured. I was going so fast my car kept moving and left the other car behind and then stopped. I heard a thump and instantly remembered Kylie was in here with me. I was so distracted I didn't even see the light turn to red. Oh god.. Kylie!

"Kylie! Kyles, are you okay?" I said in panic. No response. "Babe, are you okay?!?" I said desperately.

"Yes, yes I'm okay, I just hit my knee real hard with the door. Are you okay?" She said wincing a little.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I say relieved. I would die if something would have happened to Kylie.

"No scratches, bumps?" Kylie asks.

"I think there isn't any." I smile at her and she smiles back. "I love you."

"I love you." She then kisses me. "Come on, lets get out of the car."

I turn the car off and we both hop outside, closing our doors. When I go and see the front of my car, I almost feel the color of my face fading away.

"Oh my god." Kylie says looking at the car and then at me. "Just forget about the car for now and lets go see if the person in the other car is fine." We rushed to the other car immediately. Police and an ambulance was already here.

The car was made into a disaster and they were trying to take the person out of it. The driver's window was all broken, the door was crashed and the front of the car looked really bad too. From the position that we were standing we couldn't see very well the face of the young woman. She looked about our age.

"Oh my god, oh my god... Austin!" Kylie starts to pace around nervously just making me much more anxious than what I already am. "Were going to get into so much trouble. This is all our fault!"

"No! This is all my fault, I was the irresponsible one, the one that was driving." I said, taking her by the shoulders, beginning to feel much more nervous myself. She starts breathing heavily while shaking and her eyes began to water. "Oh no, Kylie, don't cry. I'm sure everything's going to be alright." As I said this to her, I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a hug.

Two cops now got to us, "Were you the ones in the red Range Rover?"

"Yes." We both say at the same time.

"Who was the one driving?" The tallest of the cops asks us.

"It was me, I was driving." I kind of stutter.

"I'm gonna have to see your license." He said sternly.

"Of course, sir." I replied quickly, searching my wallet for my license and handed it to him.

After he scanned it quickly he said, "I'm going to have to get a hold on this for a while. This is serious."

"Wha- what do you mean, sir?" I asked, trying not to sound nervous. 

"That I'm going to have to keep your license for a while." He replied sternly, "And we're going to have to wait for the umm... lady to wake up since we need to talk to her about pressing charges."

"Charges? Is he going to jail? Oh please sir, it was all a mistake." Kylie said, crying. 

"Shh..." I cooed and pulled her close so that she could cuddle into my chest. 

"Well young lady, as you can see he didn't stop on the red light like he should, so it wasn't just a mistake." He said with a tone of annoyance towards Kylie. "And now look what happened!" He said while pointing to the ambulance which was about to leave.