Chapter 46

*Kylie's POV*

Rebecca. Right. Why hasn't she called? Isn't the week over already or something? I haven't been paying much attention to the days as they go by. The feelings of sadness haven't really gone away, but there has been progress. Every time I think of what I've done and just about Austin in general, I still feel guilty as hell. The lump in my throat hasn't fully gone away yet, making me barely eat. 

Review week has flown by and the finals are starting on Monday. Its currently Friday and I'm sitting in bed trying to study for the first exam which is World History. As the days passed, I have cried less each day. Still sad, but not crying anymore. 

I can't believe I've made it this far, a week and some days without even talking to Austin. Now, I need to focus on my studies. 

I decide to take a break after 30 minutes of studying nonstop and took my phone. Luckily, I have Rebecca's number because of the group of the cheerleading squad.

"Yes?" She chirped.

"Umm it's me... Kylie." I grumbled.

"Yeah, I know. Tell me." She said with no interest.

I took a deep breath. "We bro-" I couldn't finish the sentence. The lump in my throat didn't let me. She got what she wanted.

Rebecca didn't say anything. Why isn't she talking or making fun of me? After I got myself together, I broke the silence.

"Are you happy now? Are you happy that the only good thing that I had in my life left me? You achieved your goal already... Now what's next?" I spat rudely, wiping my tears away. 

"Kylie, I-" She said in a small voice. "Do- do you mind if I go talk to you...? Like, at your house."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Uh, sure."

"Okay. I'll be there in 10." With that she hung up.

What the hell? Why wasn't she happy? She got what she wanted... didn't she?

I decided to go untangle my hair, wash my face and put on some decent jeans at least. Not that I really cared, for God sakes, its Rebecca. After I finished, she still wasn't her so I studied a little more. I heard the doorbell and made my way downstairs. I opened the door to find Rebecca with a frown. 

"Hi..." She said quietly and looks at me up and down. "Gosh, are you okay?" She asks once she takes in my appearance, actually sounding preoccupied. Oh wow, how nice. 

"Does it look like I'm okay?" I ask rudely.

"Oh, umm..." She says, looking for the words.

"Come in." I said with a nod, still surprised by her behavior. 

I pointed at the couch in the living room for her to sit. I sat next to her, but not too close.

Rebecca bites her bottom lip in concentration, as if she's thinking of something.

"So, why did you come here?" I ask, trying not to sound rude.

"I- I don't really know actually. I guess I just wanted to talk to you." She says, still not looking at me.

"Talk to me, huh? Those are some words I thought I'd never hear." I said. Rebecca's expression hardens. I don't want her to get mad now so I drop the attitude. "Talk to me about what?"

"Okay look," She begins. "When I blackmailed you I thought I was finally going to be happy and feel... I don't know... Achieved?" She paused for a minute. "And now that you guys broke up I don't feel that satisfaction that I thought I would feel." Her voice is beginning to shake.

"Then what do you feel?" I question confused.

She waits a moment before answering "Guilty."

My eyes widened. Rebecca feels guilty for what she did to me... What?

"But isn't this what you've always wanted? To screw me up? To make my life miserable?" I say indignantly.

"Thats what I thought I wanted, but I realized this is just... Stupid and so childish of me." She groaned and put her head in between her hands.

I nod in agreement. But whats her point?

"My point is, Kylie," She says as if reading my thoughts "That I want to apologize to you."

What the hell is happening?

"And I've realized that I've treated you so badly these past few years for absurd reasons and just pure jealousy. And I really, really want you to forgive me because you don't deserve this at all." She says looking straight at me.

"You know, we didn't break up because of the deal we had." I explain.

"Oh... okay. But still it- it wasn't fair for me to do such thing." Rebecca says while fidgeting with her fingers.

I can't believe she actually feels guilty for what she has done.

"I saw you so happy with Austin that I thought I would feel like I got my revenge and achieved it if I took you away from him... But I don't. And even though you guys didn't break up because of our deal I still want your forgiveness." She says, her voice trembling.

"Wait. Take him away from me!? Like, be with him?" I say getting angry.

"No, no, no, not literally!" She says.

I take a deep breath.

"Don't worry Rebecca, I forgive you." I say with a small smile.

She exhales and smiles back, "Thank you so much Kylie. You have no idea."

I stand up and begin walking towards the kitchen, "Do you want something to drink?"

"Nah, thanks. I promised Courtney I would take her to buy some shoes for her sisters wedding." She says with an eye roll and stands up.

We make our way towards the front door and I open it for her.

"Friends?" She asks.

"Friends." I reply with a smile.

-----------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey guys! What do you think about Rebecca now? Who do you think is taking the breakup better? We will try to upload the next chapter as soon as possible. Also, "Perfection?" is nearly coming to an end! Thank you all for your love and support. Remember to vote and comment what you think will happen next :)

~Gabby and Laura  x

Twitter:

@gabbypmahone

@lauraroldanp