Odd

I blinked at the giant wolf.

He just stared back.

Gladys was about to die of excitement.

Come on, let's go, Alpha said finally.
He got up and turned around, ready to leave.

"Wait.." I beckoned.
He looked back at me with an expectant expression on his face.

"W-What is your name?" I was nervous, because he looked so scary.

He cocked his head as if to wonder if he had introduced himself before.
Alpha Damien Kingsley. You will call me Damien.
He turned around and started trotting back to the area where the packs had met.
I followed, practically running to keep up with his long legs.

"Why were you on our territory?" I broke the silence with a question.

Damien never stopped running to answer me ,We had to go home. He said simply.

"Do you have to go through our territory to get there?"

This isn't your territory anymore, Jillian. This way is a short cut. I assume the pack got a new alpha, so it was a bit of a problem, but its all straightened out now.

"Why did so many of you leave anyway?"

Reasons.

I snorted at his remark, "I deserve to know. I will be the Luna"

You will know in due time

I must admit he was a very patient Alpha. Which was truly odd. But he was probably being all nice now, but once we get comfortable really acts like a true pain.

What happened to Alpha Alexander?
Now it was Damien's turn to ask questions.

"Oh, I didn't know about that. I've only been in the pack for about a year"

At this Damien stopped.
You were a rouge?

"No!! No! I just transfered packs. I promise I was never rouge"
I quickly explained. I didn't want him to think any lower of me that he already did. Rogues were the most unrespected wolves. They honestly were cowards who couldn't stay with their own pack, so they ran away wreaking havoc on other packs.

I wanted to keep a little bit of respect for myself. Being such a small and weak wolf, respect is hard to come by.

Why did you transfer?

"Reasons" I copied one of his answers for my own.

Damien; happy with my response, started walking again.

We didn't talk anymore for the duration of our trip.

The only reason I was going with my mate so early was because tradition thought it right. When the Moon Goddess created werewolves she made each of us have a specific soul mate. Our mates kept us happy and feeling complete. So sadly because of instinct and design, once a werewolf sees their mate (and doesn't reject them) they feel physically incomplete. The mate pull will eventually be to strong for even the greatest of wolves to overcome, so one way or another I would end up where Damien wants me anyway.

The burning in my thighs made me wake from my thoughts, I needed a break.I stopped in my tracks and rested my head between my thighs, smokey puffs of air escaped my panting mouth.

Damien stopped and sat next to one of the many trees that filled the forest, waiting for me to catch my breath.

I wasn't gonna stop, I was exhausted, my legs and lungs were on fire, and I was starting to get pretty hungry.