Wolves

Stone's POV

Roughly I shook the tangles out of my thick winter coat when I shifted. Digging my paws into the soft earth I stretched myself out. Finally, my stupid human let me get out, let me breathe. Being cooped up in his body had made me antsy and wildly uncomfortable, and when our mate marked us the strong scent of her own wolf drove me crazy, I was done being pushed to the back of his mind and neglected. 

So I gave him a headache. 

Sure it was dirty and underhanded, and I know that our mate, as beautiful as she was, was in fact taking up his time. And I know that he was busy with pack affairs, but he still could let me out every once in a while! I needed to live too!!

Opening my mouth, I yawned. What seemed like smoke rose from my muzzle and I watched it go up into the air and disappear. 

Turning about I took in my surroundings, 

Northwestern woods, My human told me. 

I sniffed the air and the folded clothes that Damien had taken off as to not rip them when I emerged. I marked the tree with my scent, so I could find it later when we had to go back to the house. Moving around the tree I watched for my mate, our wolf forms had never had much interaction since after I found her, and I can not lie I was excited to see that small silver and grey wolf again. 

I sat down on the soft earth while I waited fro her to come out from behind her tree. When Damien had collapsed, like the weak human he was (I only gave him a headache. Who collapses from a headache?) she advised that the two of them shift and spend time together. 

I like Jillian, she was smart.

Unlike you, I told Damien, so his head wouldn't get to big. After he raised a pack since adolescence, everyone rained praises down on him. As his wolf I kept his pride in check. Not to say that I wasn't pride-filled, but I needed to keep him under control, sometimes he could be so annoying. 

Then I heard a soft pop and crack, the sweet smell of my mate in her wolf form assaulted my scenes, so much so that I had to work on keeping my tongue in my mouth. Then the most beautiful wolf shook out her silver and grey coat. 

I could've sworn she did that in slow motion.

She looked up at me with big, deep brown eyes, they shone brightly, and their obsidian was hypnotizingly magnificent.  

Hello, I inclined my head and touched her nose with mine kindly. Gladys cocked her head and her tail wagged a little bit.

Hi!, to my surprise she jumped up onto her hind-feet and propped her front paws on my shoulders, she licked my face. When she jumped down I stood to my full height and looked down at her, naturally if any other wolf decided to jump on me and lick me, I would have ripped out their throat before they could submit or beg for forgiveness. But this was my small, precious mate. Damien was really dumb for ever making her cry. 

Gladys circled me, inspecting my body. Her tail trailed under my nose and I breathed in, her smell was so addicting!She bumped into me playfully, successfully rubbing her wonderful scent on my body and transmitting mine onto hers. I moved aside so I could look at her face and bury mine in the fur around her neck. I licked her ear and nuzzled her some more. Soon she would smell just like me, and no male would come near her. 

Then Gladys backed away, mischief gleamed in her black eyes. Her tail wagged on overdrive, her rear facing the sky, her paws were ready to run and move. She wanted to play, the way she went about it was odd though. She asked for play like a pup would, assuming a stalk position and crouching. I guess because she was so small she could get away with acting like a pup would, other wolves just guessed that she was young and let her get away with acting like a young-ling.