Crescent Moon Pack Dinner

Jillian's POV

This morning Damien had to attend a strictly Alpha breakfast meeting. So he left me at home with the pack. But before he left at a very unreasonable hour of morning, he made sure to wake me up and force me to attend training.

So I went and it was good. I lead the pack with Beta Christian in wolf form. Gladys loved to get out and socialize with other members of the pack, she was always like that. She bumped into other she-wolves and played with the pups. I liked to give her some fun, I knew that I taxed her with my shyness, she was naturally outgoing, and ever since that aspect of me was beaten out, she often moped when I fled to be alone.

I was now back in my human form, training had passed and I went back inside. I ate some toast and started to do laundry. Once my loads finished I folded the clothes and hung some in the closet. I rested on the bed, recovering from my busy morning. My thoughts drifted to last night and how our wolves spent nearly the entire night together; until Damien remembered that he had a meeting in the morning and had us shift so we could go back to the house.

Gladys couldn't stop swooning over Stone, Damien's wolf. She gushed at how he caught a deer and how he licked her fur and spread his scent all over her body. I let her ramble on and on about him for hours. Even while we ran up the mountain to the training grounds she remarked how Stone ran, his grace and perfection, she had said.

There was no way to stop her.

Then a warm sensation filled my head and I smiled to myself, there was only thing that could make my head feel to nice, Hey, Sweetheart, his deep voice was music to my ears.

Hi, Alpha

I'm on my way home now, I expect to meet you in my office

I was already getting up to change out of my sweatpants and over-sized tee. I headed into the closet and looked around for something nice to wear, I wanted to look good for my mate. Gladys was influencing me...

When will you be here? I asked.

I loved the closeness of our mind-link, it was comforting to be able to reach out with my mind and communicate with Damien without needing cell phone service or words from my lips.

Umm... maybe an hour or so.

See you then, Alpha. I cut our connection.

Because I had showered when got back from training I didn't need to do much. I found a nice black dress, it was fancy enough for it to seem as if I had tried but at the same time it was casual enough I could go out with it on and not feel wildly overdressed. The bodice was kind of silky with little frills down the center, the tightness ended at my waist and the lacy skirt flared out slightly, ending at my knees. When I put on the dress I looked in the mirror and played with the hem, even though spring was in the air the wind was still chilly when it nipped at your skin. To combat the cold I slipped some leggings on under the dress and draped a cardigan over my arm so the spaghetti straps of the outfit wouldn't be a hindrance in the cold.

When I looked back at my reflection, I felt pretty. Biting my lip, I watched my reflection do the same. I rarely dressed up, and it felt good to do it every once in a while, I did not go as far as to put on make- up though. I was doing this for myself and for my mate. I didn't usually wear makeup like Josie did, and if I did Damien might think I was pretty, but I liked when he looked at me like I was special when I wore no paint on my face.

I continued to fix myself up until I heard a car engine get cut and my mate's smell entered my nose. It was faint, but I could still smell it.

Grinning to myself, I put down my hairbrush and started moving downstairs. Butterflies fluttered to life in my stomach and a blush climbed up my cheeks, What are you doing to me Gladys?