Banquet

Jillian's POV

I was angry.

No, I was more than angry.

I was infuriated.

Damien couldn't just do this. He shouldn't act like a jerk just to get his way. Maybe want something once and a while. You can't just throw temper tantrums when something isn't going you way.

I walked down the stairs behind my mate. He carried both our suitcases in his hands. I nearly growled at myself for noticing how handsome he looked in a suit.

I knocked Gladys into the back of mind, because I knew that she would fine a reason why I should listen to Damien unconditionally. 

I waved to Josie, Kurtis and Christian when we passed the kitchen. We went down the driveway to see a black Escalade. The Cadillac was tall and demanded attention with it seek paint and fresh rims.

I didn't miss how the license plate said "Alpha" on it.

Damien opened the hatch back and place our bags inside. Once he finished that, he opened my door for me. I pushed past him and got into the passenger seat. Damien slammed the door so hard I almost thought the windows would shatter.

When Damien had settled himself in the driver's side I made a show of starting out the window.

"Jillian..." His voice was apologetic and sad.

"No." I waved him away and within moments the engine turned over and we were on our way. 

I looked out the window and loved how the woods changed into the highway. The green of the trees and some of the snow still weighing down on their branches. It all reminded me of Gladys.

How's it going? I asked.

Damien is angry. You should have listened to him.

He can get over it. He isn't the boss of me.

He is trying, Jillian. He really is. It's hard to make someone happy and keep them safe at the same time.

"Jillian, sweetheart..."

"I said no!" I snapped.

Damien growled but he left me alone.

He is so annoyingly possessive! He can't get everything he wants, I'm trying to teach him that.

Threatening the marking date is too intense. You do understand that he could mark you anything he wanted to? He is physically bigger and stronger than you.

Damien wouldn't do it without my consent. I argued. Damien deserved every moment of the silent treatment I was giving him.

I turned on the radio. Just as the soft tunes started playing, Damien turned it off.

I turned it back on.

He turned it off. 

We went on like that for about 10 minuets until I was fed up and continued to look out the window. Gladys was nagging me about making up with Damien. I kept on ignoring her. The scenery outside became more snowy and forest covered. Mountains were off in the distance and seemed to be a ways away because the farther we traveled made no difference on how far the mountains seemed. Werewolves were always fond of the woods, we never liked cities. They were too full of stinky humans.  We were headed to Canada from, what i had assumed to be Oregon. When I moved in with Damien we were in our wolf form. State lines do not matter when it comes to territory. So I only had a foggy idea of what state I was in.