Lost and Found

Damien's POV

Midnight Destines
Red Moon
Midnight Shadow

Those were the "rouges". They all came from those packs. Pete said that they had been banished from their packs according to the documents. What did those packs have in common for them all to attack together? Why weren't other packs involved and just those three?

It was 3 am and it was all I could think about. Jillian was being hurt and I couldn't do anything until I knew where she was. We couldn't be together until I found her.

I threw the blankets off my body, I wasn't tired. I tried to sleep, but it wouldn't come.

I got out of my bedroom and went to the office, I wanted to talk to some Alphas. Why would three packs send out werewolves only to kill themselves as a distraction? It had to be a distraction that would keep me from Jillian, that's how they got her.

Sinking into my chair I pulled out the directory of all the Alphas in the world. Every couple of moons I would be sent another one to confirm which Alphas stepped down and who took over from then on. First I called Alpha Hayden Cross, he was the Alpha of Red Moon pack and was close to me, we had made many alliances on the past. His Pack resides in Canada. Jillian and I went up there for the banquet that he hosts yearly.

Um, its three in the morning, most people are asleep right now... Stone interjected when the phone had been ringing for a while. With a deep sigh I realized that I could only get a limited amount of work done at this time of day, I left him a voicemail to call me back later in the morning.

I pulled out my maps and laid them on the table in front of me.

Crescent Moon was located on the boarders of Oregon, Washington and Idaho (not including the capital Boise) We are distant neighbors with Midnight Shadow, Jillian's original pack.

Then it hit me like a sack of refried beans.

Jillian's father is Midnight Shadow. His pack members were found on my territory and he was abusive to his daughter.

I rocked back on my heels and fell into the seat. Was the answer right there all along? Had I been dancing around it all this time?

Then what did Easton and Cross have to do with all of it? I had never seen Alpha Sadem with them for anything other than when necessary. Had they banded together to take her from me? Cross wasn't my enemy, the two others had reason to be mad at me. I had a fight with Sadem and Easton and I weren't on good terms.

Had my father done something to Red Moon to make Cross want revenge?

I picked up my phone, I wasn't here to ask questions, I was here to find my mate. Jillian's life was like a taunt thread in the hands of someone strong. One more tug and she would be broken, never to be fixed again.

This time I called Betas, I don't want to talk to the Alphas anymore, if they were suspects why would they tell me the truth?

I got sent to voicemail by Beta Franklin of Midnight Destines, but to my surprise Beta Winston of Midnight Shadow answered after the second ring.

"Hello?"I must have woken him up, his voice was tired and I could tell he was just getting up. Winston was rather young to be the Beta of someone as old as Alpha Sadem. But he made his position work.

"Hi, this is Alpha Kingsley of Crescent Moon Pack" I rubbed my eyes and looked into the black night beyond the windows.

"Oh! Alpha, why are you calling?"

"I wanted to know where Alpha Sadem was, I need to speak with him." I lied, I didn't want to talk to that monster. He could have killed Jillian.

"I'm sorry, but he's out of town and left me in charge, can I help in any way?"