Snivelling Pup

Jillian's POV

At age six I got nightmares every time I rested my head on a pillow. All vivid memories of my father and what he was going to do in the morning. In those dreams Dad was some kind of monster with sharp teeth and pointy wolf ears. He had an evil grin and he would beat me in a dark cell that smelled like blood and tears.

At age eight I had developed acute insomnia. I would lie awake in my bed and wonder when my monster of a father would come in and animalistically, in a sense, tear me apart. Soon I shrugged off the idea of sleepless nights. Sadly my father could no shrug them off, he often accused me of being ungrateful of a bed in which I could sleep, and lazy because I was sluggish during the day.

At ten I was matched up for my first attempt at sparring. I lost and somehow made my father embarrassed so I slept in my cell that night. He accused me of being weak, a disgrace to the family and a terrible daughter. That night I got my first dose of Lycanthrope orally. Father said that he was helping me, but he just kick started my shifting process in one of the most negative ways possible.

After that I was injected monthly, and I fully shifted at 13. I nearly died that day. Being the runt of the litter my body was not physically ready to break down like that. Gladys sent my body into shock and a coma for two weeks. When I woke up my father made sure to punish me thoroughly. After that I didn't shift until seventeen. That was after my sister found her mate and insisted that I move with her and him.

Of course Dad had a hard time letting me go. He argued for me to stay while my hot headed sister fought against him. My mom came into the conversation and she concluded I should go saying, "Maybe Jillian will find her voice being around new wolves." If my father fought anymore then it would be suspicious.

When I was eighteen and six months, I met my mate. An Alpha who loved me and cared for me. He never hurt me, he actually pushed me to be the best I could be. Now I was going to die before I could change his life like he changed mine.

Don't say that! We will see mate again, we will.... Gladys urged, I think she was telling it to herself more than to me. Last night she was pacing back and forth, her gut telling her that something was going on with our mate. We worried for his life, it was strange to worry about him, he was strong and fearless, but there was something going on with him that we could not identify.

I pulled at my chains and whimpered. My arms were on fire constantly. This cell was isolating enough, at night I was forced to sleep here all by myself, in the cold with the scary sounds of other prisoners wailing and crying while they got tortured around me. Easton hadn't come to see me since I spat on him. After that show of defiance, he slapped me so hard I began to see stars. He ordered my father to control his pup, I still felt pain in my ribs when I moved a certain way.

The latch of the door rose up and my eyes snapped open. It was Cross; every morning and every night he took me to the bathroom, even though I wasn't allowed to bathe or clean myself for fear that I might drown. So I smelled like blood, sweat, and dirt.

"Alright, come on" Cross unchained me form the wall, but my hands were still cuffed together. I could barely stand and he had to lift me with his beefy hands. My underarm was tightly held in his grip. He walked me through the door and lead me to the bathroom. Gladys snarled at him, she hated all these men and how they treated me, she wanted the satisfaction of killing each and every one of them. Feeling their necks break in her teeth, tasting their blood on her tongue.

Do something, she growled. With her anger and my fear we could be ruthless. But I could not shift with the silver and iron chains the had bound on me. I could see the pink burns the cuffs left on my wrists, the silver kept me form shifting, if they gave me wolf's bane they would eventually kill me, so they had me in constricting chains.