Sleep

Jillian's POV
After dinner and Damien holding my leg, I felt different.

I wanted to touch him.

Oh, gosh.

Here I was swooning over a guy I met just a few hours ago, and I didn't even know the first thing about him.

Ohh! I knew you would like him!, Gladys trilled, I knew it! I knew it!!

I closed my eyes while I brushed my teeth with the new toothbrush Damien gave me.

Why is this happening?

I've had way to many issues with alphas in the past. My father was an alpha, my brother in law was. I saw how Sharpe treated my sister.

...Actually, he treated her like a queen. But when ever they had fights my sister would come to me bawling her eyes out hysterically.

I didn't want to be broken by an alpha again. Not that Damien was treating me badly, he fed me and let me get some sleep. But I couldn't help but feel extremely intimidated my him.

It was like he was in his own little bubble. He didn't want to talk or be talked to. He just wanted to be alone.

A lot like me.

Maybe the Moon Goddess didn't do so badly after all.

But, Damien was still an alpha. A very, very strong alpha, from a very, very strong pack.

He would have major mood swings, he would be bossy.

All because of a stupid gene.

I sighed and placed my toothbrush in its holder.
Next to Damien's, Gladys reminded me. At her comment I rolled my eyes and I braided my hair.

Cautiously I stepped out into the bed room, if Damien was asleep I didn't want to wake him.

He wasn't sleeping yet. He sat in bed, scrolling through his phone.

After dinner I unpacked all my stuff, so my phone sat on the nightstand charging.I had a few texts from Ruby, she wanted to know if I was alright, and if we reached safely. To all of those I responded positively.

I could feel Damien's eyes on me as I walked around the bed to the side opposite of him.

I moved slowly and carefully.

Then I slipped into the soft bed, leaving plenty of space between our bodies.

Gladys hated the thought, Why are you so far away? Go snuggle with him! It's cold! She barked at me.

Over my dead body. I responded quickly.

But she was right, this side of the bed was cold. I shivered slightly. I was on the complete other side of the king sized bed. I wanted to keep a good distance from Damien.He then placed his phone on the nightstand, and turned on his side, facing me.

"Come closer" he demanded, gesturing to the space between us.

I scooted forward barely an inch.

Damien growled slightly, "Closer, Jillian."

Again I moved just an inch.

An exasperated sigh left his lips before he reached out, wrapped is arm around my waist, and wrenched me toward his body.

I was shocked into silence.

Damien then held my shoulder and stroked it.My skin tingled with electrifying sparks. Without even knowing, I nestled closer to Damien's warm body. I hated myself for it but with his arms around me, something settled in my heart.

Damien turned off the light and fully held me. His arms wrapped around my shoulders, keeping me safe and warm.
Gladys approved.

"Goodnight, Jillian" he mumbled into my hair.

"Goodnight"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

When I woke up, I was holding tightly to my mate, as if some how in the night he might be taken from me.

I slowly and reluctantly rolled off him.
I propped my head on my elbow, and took in my mates features.

Yesterday he looked so tough, but now in his sleep he seemed to peaceful.
Some of his hair was in his eyes and it took ever ounce if will power to not move it away. His eyebrows weren't creased in concentration like they previously were, but instead were soft and relaxed. His eyelashes fluttered every so often, and I could feel his soft, slow breaths in my elbow that was sinking into the wonderful bed mattress.

"You're so cute" I whispered.

"Excuse me?"

I screamed and jumped out of bed. My cheeks burning with embarrassment.

He heard me!

Damien chuckled slightly before turning over, "Its early. Come back go bed, sweetheart"

The nickname made me flush even more.

"I'm gonna use the bathroom" I told him as I walked away. He grunted in response.

Once in the restroom, I washed my face and brushed my teeth, I also re- braided my hair. I was ready for the day, but all I wanted tondo was curl up with Damien.

What is going on with me? I've known this guy for only a few hours,and I was already attached to him, and his presence.

After taking a deep breath I walked back out into the bedroom.

Damien was still sleeping.
The white blankets brought out his beautiful tan skin, he looked so different than he did yesterday it was unbelievable.

It seemed like my wolf took over my legs. And before I knew it I was back in bed, wrapped up in his arms.

I never wanted to get up again.

Authors note

I hope you are enjoying the story.
How do you like Jillian? Damien?

I actually wanted to ask a question to you guys. I want to know if you would like a cast list, or pictures of the characters in the media section.
Personally I wouldn't want a cast list, and just leave it to imagination, but everyone is different.

Thanks for reading!!!!!!!!
Please comment, and vote if you like the story!

Deanna