Disobedient

Jillian's POV

I laid on the bed after training, my hair was drying from the shower I had taken. So I spent the time on my phone looking at funny cat videos. The males and some fighting females had stayed back with Damien while he instructed fight training. The runs were for every pack member, but these specific trainings were for the wolves that defended our pack. I left of my own accord, but I think that Damien would have forced me to leave because of the fight that happened last time anyway.

I giggled at a fat cat that tried to jump out a window and fell on his face instead. Then my ring tone sounded loudly causing me to jump like the feline I had just watched. Ruby's smiling face appeared on the screen, she was trying to facetime me.

I picked up. 

"Jillian!!!" 

"Ruby Tuesday!!!" 

My sister grinned at me. I could tell she was just walking into the pack house. Unlike Damien and I, she and her mate lived with the rest of the pack in the pack house. Her dark blonde hair was in a messy bun and she looked rather comfortable. 

"You gotta guess where Ian and I just went" She teased. 

"Where?" 

"I sad guess, silly! But whatever you would take too long and I'm really excited to tell you"

Soon a weird picture was shoved in front of the camera. It was black and white and there was a funny looking blob in the center. It was her pup's ultrasound! 

"That little bean is my child!!!" A deep male voice yelled gleefully. Alpha Ian Sharpe. Then a thick manly finger pointed to the head of the blob, "That's his head!" Sharpe observed.

"Ian! Shut up, we don't know if its a boy or not." The picture was dropped and I watched Ruby stare down her mate. He looked at her like she was crazy, "Are you challenging my manliness?" 

"Maybe I am" Ruby's eyebrow quirked. Sharpe made a face and rolled his eyes before looking to me, "Sup, Lil' Jill" 

I absolutely hated when he called me that. Sharpe was like my older brother in that sense, he liked to tease me and make fun of me. When I first met him I would cry a lot, not only because he teased me, but because he was a man. Really it was because he was an Alpha. "You know I hate that" I remarked. After we settled our differences and I understood that his comments weren't purposefully offensive we became great friends. He tought me how to fight and defend myself because my father was to busy beating me and not training me. I was called weak without the chance to prove myself.

"That's why I do it" He winked.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" Ruby asked rudely. I loved watching their domestic relationship. Unlike Damien and I they were super chill with each other. We would get there someday. 

Sharped huffed and turned "Bye, Jillian. I hope your mate is treating you right," he kissed Ruby's cheek, even though the camera wasn't that low, I could tell he touched her belly too. Ruby sighed when he left and sat down on a couch. "But really, sis what is he like? At the dinner he seemed pretty distant and aggressive..." 

I froze for a moment. I don't know why but I had avoided this question nearly every time my sister asked it. I knew she was being protective and she genuinely wanted me to be in safe hands. Ever since we had been pups we had not been far apart, we were almost always side by side. 

I felt my face burn a little bit, last night we had said the "L" word. I mean he said it to me when he marked me, but that was kinda what he had to say. Last night was so strange, it was strange to be so vulnerable but it felt good to let it all go.