Welcoming The Luna

Jillian's POV

"So I was thinking like, Jamien."

"Yeah, that's a good one..."

"What about Dillian?"

"No that sounds stupid. They aren't dill pickles."

You'd think this was a bunch of tweenage girls, conversing about their OTP ship names. Nope! This was Crescent Moon Packs Beta, Gamma, and Delta talking about ship names for their Alpha and Luna.

"Lets try last names," Kurtis suggested.

"Kingsley and Sadem? That will be tough"

This was a group of strong, high ranking men. Not a group of fangirling besties, who still all had dreams of marring Justin Beiber. There's not much of a difference.... Gladys reminded me.

" Sadesly?"

"Yeah, that could work" Christian said.

"Oh! I got one! Kingdem! Like kingdom!"

Damien looked at me and shrugged, we were currently behind the door to the meeting hall, and we were eavesdropping on how the pack leaders were entertaining the rest of the pack. I bit back giggles. They were too funny!

"I like that one much better than some. But I created my own: Lupha" Damien strode into the room, I followed behind earnestly.

"Like a loofah?" Kurtis asked,

"I thought you like puns; Kingdem?"

"Yeah, but yours implies that you need a shower"

"And yours implies we are fairy book characters" Damien snapped.

"No, mine implies that you are powerful leaders. Thus Kingdem"

"Well I mixed Alpha and Luna. If that doesn't exude powerful leaders I don't know what does."

"It exudes your stink," Kurtis pinched his nose "You need a shower with a Lupha"

Damien smiled and playfully cuffed Kurtis on the back of the head, "Alright then Jortis."

A few more seconds of playful banter went on for a few more seconds until Damien turned to the crowd of werewolves that had been watching their Alpha and Gamma, "What kind of pack are we if we don't have a proper celebration for our new member?" he asked them. I crossed over and stood next to my mate, I held on to his arm and used his body to cover half of mine.

I wonder who the new member is. I told Gladys. My wolf snorted at me, Sometimes you are so dense. Its obviously you!

Oh. Why would they hold another ceremony for me? I just had one.

Because your their new Luna, its been years since they had one.

That made sense. The last Luna has been dead for over fifteen years, of course they were excited to have a new on after all this time.

"Everyone to the courtyard!" Christian bellowed, pointing his hand in the direction in which he would be leading them. Happy shouts and continued talking started as everyone exited the room. I started to follow them but Damien tugged on my arm, leading me back to him. "You haven't met my Delta"

I looked up to see a lumberjack. My head tilted to the side, "This is Oliver. Head of security and one of this packs best trackers." Damien explained. Oliver tilted his head "Good morning, Luna" Oliver was a man of healthy height, he was much shorter than my mate, but he was nearly twice as stocky. His brown hair and beard were only half the reason I considered him to like a lumber jack. I ducked behind Damien and held on to his shirt. "Oh, I scared her away" Oliver commented, slightly surprised.