Preparing for Dinner

Jillian's POV

I scrambled up against the wall, my small hands in fists that dug into the gravel of the cell. Tears fell down my cheeks and my head rate sped up. Beads of sweat rolled down my neck and forehead. Pain from previous injuries stung and throbbed as I moved closer to the stone wall. The room was wet and cold and filled with horrifying memories.

"You have been very ,very bad Jillian"

I couldn't see his face but I knew by his voice who the abuser was.

I swallowed some of the humid air. Words didn't come to my mouth, I knew that the more I spoke or screamed, the worse my punishment.

The whip made a loud crack as it ripped the skin of my back. My screams began. I couldn't hold them in any longer.

★★★

Damien's POV

The day had been long and it felt good to lie down for a good night's sleep. From morning until night I was in meetings and making arrangements with the Red Moon Pack about the trip to Canada. I was getting all the papers signed, I had to make sure Jillian had a passport, that we didn't go on another Alphas territory and all those fun things.

When Jillian had run in during my meeting with Christian and Kurtis about how things will be in my leave, I was more than happy to have an excuse to dismiss them early.

Jillian was irresistible.

But this irresistible mate really was a blanket hog. She had taken all the blankets, cocooned herself in them and rolled to the opposite side of the bed. Leaving me with a fleece throw blanket that only made it to my waist.

The perks of being 6'3

Then I felt a very distinct thump on my leg. At first it was light, but the second time felt like a lead bar was chucked at me.

I hissed at the surprisingly painful sensation that was surging through my thigh.

I looked down and found the cause of this discomfort.

Jillian was kicking me in the thigh!
This girl must have issues with mate abuse. The first day she met me she tried to gouge out my eye with a pen. And now she is kicking me like she is in a fight with Hulk Hogan.

I mean come on.

I was just about to put a pillow between us to block her blows but when she whimpered. My wolf became restless, because he thought she was in pain.

"N-no!.... Stop....please!"

At her words I jerked up in bed.

Who is hurting mate?! Stone growled loudly in my head.

Slowly I moved closer to her, cautious of her blows. She now was struggling in the cocoon she had made of blankets.

"Jillian..." I tried to wake her up calmly, but my near violent wolf was making it hard.

"No!....I'm sorry....." Tears started streaming down her cheeks. Her kicks and thrashes became more deadly.