Rejected

Jillian's POV

After I hung up with my sister I went into the kitchen and sat on the island to watch my mates sister cooking.

He might not be your mate for long. I reminded myself.

Sadness and anxiety coursed through my veins. If he wanted to reject me why didn't he do it before?

Before; I was in bed for three days, struck with anxiety and worry. He probably didn't want to kick me when I was down, he didn't want to hurt me when I was already hurting.

But why did he take such good care of me those first days? Why did he look like he cared enough to try and make me feel better?
He was playing a game with me, he wanted me to become attached, just so that he could hurt me.

My mate wanted to hurt me...

Just the thought made want to crawl back in bed and cry myself to sleep.

I dug the heels of my plans into my eyes and put my head down on the counter.

"Do you miss him?" I heard Josie ask.

I wish he would miss me.

Of course he misses you! You are destined to be together forever, and have pups and grow old together..... Gladys tried to console me.

None of that will happen if he rejects me!

No he won't, Gladys argued

Yes he will! Ruby said so!

No she didn't! She just said she heard things, just hearsay;rumors. Lies. She heard lies ,Jillian

Then what do I do?! I wailed at her.

No matter what I didn't want to loose my mate, the mate pull and attraction was already taking it toll on me, with him being gone and everything.

With the mental war that was raging in my head I hardly noticed when Josie put a plate of food in front of me.
Bacon, waffles, and strawberries all coated in syrup.

I whispered a small thank you, before digging in.

You will ask him if the rumors are true. Gladys ordered as I sunk my teeth into the sweet waffle.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Josie and I spent the rest of the day distracting ourselves with anything we could find, and I was beginning to open up to her. She was sweet and sarcastic, and not mean like I had previously thought.

"...And the she said 'That's my arm not a bushel of potatoes!'"

Josie exclaimed, while I laughed.

She joined me and said "I made you laugh! I was scared you were gonna kill me earlier."

I chuckled humorlessly, remembering what had put me in such a bad mood in the first place.

Don't worry about it, Gladys reminded me.

How can I?

"Tell me another story, please." I asked Josie. She was taking the food out of the oven.

"So this one time, I went to the movie theater and it was packed. And I mean PACKED. But there was this old lady with a seat empty next to her..."

She was interrupted by the back door opening and closing. I glanced at the clock and bit my lip.

4:59

"At the end of the story she ends up on the old lady's lap" A semi firmilliar voice said.