Invitation

Jillian's POV

For the next few days Damien was so sweet. he got me flowers and didn't ignore me. I must admit I really did like the fact he was treating me like I was his mate, or that I even mattered to him. But it was such a big difference for the stubborn, pride filled Alpha to act all kind and gentle.

He seemed to understand that I was easily hurt and he tried his best to be nice to me.

Damien acting so nice it had its drawbacks too. It seemed that the anger that he usually expressed became suppressed around me and he would have to spend about an hour alone each evening just to get all his emotions out.

During these few days I also got to debunk and clarify all the rumors surrounding my mate. They say that Damien is a cold hearted killer and that he doesn't let any trespassers live. I found that to be false, Damien would interrogate ,release and warn many rogues. Only when it was down to the wire he killed.

But there was one rumor that proved to be very true and I never had the guts to ask about it. After Damien's mothers death, the old alpha (Damien's father) lost his mind and had to give his position to his son. Thing is, Damien was 8 when his mother took her own life. His father stayed alpha for 4 years until he couldn't handle it either. Damien became the Alpha of the Crescent Moon Pack at the age of 12.

Also Damien was 25. Meaning he was 7 years older than me. He had been alpha for 13 years! I always assumed that the gossip was just gossip and untrue, but packs far and wide were still impressed that this young alpha had managed to keep his pack afloat all throughout his teen years.

And he's our mate, Gladys gushed.

I chuckled at her as I brushed my teeth.

Warm tingly sparks tingled my cheeks when Damien kissed them. He placed an envelope I'm my hands and left the bathroom to myself.

Ohhhhhhhhh..... Gladys was intrigued by the baby pink envelope.

I turned it over in my hands before I opened it.

"Dear Alpha Kingsley, and Luna Jillian of the Crescent Moon Pack

We invite you to come to the alpha convention and dinner being personally hosted by Alpha Cross of Red Moon Pack.

We would love if you could join us

                             -Alpha and Luna of Red Moon Pack"

The rest of the information was on the back, the RSVP and date.

"That's this weekend" I said as I walked out to the bedroom where Damien was putting on his shoes. Today was Thursday, and in order to get to the dinner we would have to leave on Friday.

"Yup, you and Josie go shopping. My credit card is in there so you should be good" Damien stood and started walking to the door.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" I wondered, twirling a  piece of hair around my finger. Damien searched the pockets of his jeans and looked around before shrugging.

I walked over and gave him a hug. His arms wrapped around me and held me tightly. Then I pulled away and gave him a kiss on the lips. A simple kiss goodbye.

"Now go and do your alpha stuff" I waved him away and giggled when he looked sad for having to leave. I was sad too but it was funny to see him so crestfallen.

I started to walk away but was pulled into Damian's embrace. His head was buried in my neck and I gasped when he gently kissed the spot were my mark would be. "Be safe, Jillian" his voice dropped into a husky tone, I shivered when he whispered in my ear.