Agreement

Jillian's POV

I screamed as I sprinted out the door hot tears broke free and I flew down the stairs.

I ignored Josie's shouts when I ran through the back door.

How could he? I wondered, which caused me to choke on more tears.

The cold winter wind whipped my wet face, goosebumps traveled down my back.

I ran faster and harder. I didn't want Damien to find me and hurt me.

I would shift but Gladys was to stunned to do anything right now.

I ran into the woods. Trees towered over me and every once in a while a squirrel would jump along the trees. It felt good to be out. More tears flowed down my cheeks.

We need to hide. Gladys urged. I agreed. If Damien sent out a search team to find me, I didn't want to be found. I searched the area for a good place, when I found none I swung my leg up and used my arms to hoist myself into a nearby tree.

Finally with shelter I choked out a sob and started weeping.

How could he push me against the wall like that? Why did he threw the TV at me? What did I do to make him hate me?

"I didn't mean it!" I cried.

I didn't mean for Damien to hate me.

"I'm sorry" I sobbed.

It was just so amazing to me how one minute we were happy. Kissing even! But the the next he was yelling at me.

You should have let him mark you, Galdys interjected.

But I don't even know him, he never talks to me or anything! I argued.

Gladys wanted to be marked, and if I waited a second later to oppose him, her wish would have been satisfied.

If he had marked you he wouldn't be mad.

"Jillian!"

I held my breath, that was Josie.

"Jillian! Come out! What's wrong?!" Josie called out into the woods.

I heard her loud footsteps rustle the leaves that were scattered along the forest floor.

"Jillian, I see you!"

I looked down and sure enough Josie stood there in her camo pants and sweater.

Ever so ungracefully I flopped out of the tree on to the ground with an "Ooph!"

Josie knelt down beside me, her arms outstretched for an embrace. I quickly found refuge in her arms and soon my crying stopped to become the occasional hiccup.

" Wanna talk about it?" Josie stoked my hair, which seemed to to the trick in unwinding my nerves.

Strangely I did want to talk about it. All my life I kept secrets and held most of my emotions in. Venerability was foreign to me, and because of this I never wanted to truly open up.
Not even to my sister.

Tell her, she will help, Gladys encouraged.

"H-he was nice. Then he got mad, because I didn't want him to- to..." The words fell apart as I gazes at the ground.

"What didn't you want him to do?"

"H-he was (hic) gonna mark m-me. B-but I told him no"

Josie was quiet.

"Y-you said that he was like a baby, but he's- he's not..." I took a moment to compose myself. "He's a man, and he was scary. He threw the television at me..."