Reunited

Jillian's POV

They would never find me. I was destined to die alone, in a cell, bleeding to death.

I had come to terms with it.

Damien's POV

The first fight I ever got in was when Christian decked me in the face at nine years old. I went home and my dad saw it, he told me to hit him harder the next time it happened.

Christian never hit me again.

But normally I didn't pick fights for no good reason. Most Alphas just liked to argue and they enjoyed the scuffles. I didn't want to bruise my knuckles on an idiot.

Right now my fingers were itching. Stone was pacing and my pack's excitement drew out my own. The maps of Easton's territory were hung up all around the room and we located his private property. Oliver was beginning to pace the floor, he was always thinking and strategizing. Kurtis was talking to the soldiers about the formation and how it was going to work. Christian was helping too.

The plan was set, but we had to wait until night to act. It was a form of agony for Stone and I. Soon Christian and I would leave to the territory while my men went in.

If Easton wanted to distract me, I would distract him.

Stone was bouncing on the balls of his feet and snarling, his ears slicked back to his head, if the day went well he wouldn't have to fight. But you never know.

Josie entered the room and she looked at me, beckoning me with her gaze. I looked to the Beta and Gamma to excuse myself. "What's going on?" I asked when she shut the door. My sister looked determined, "Has anyone been assigned to rescue her directly? Like, to get her out of whatever confinement she is in?"

I stiffened, Jillian told me that her father had a cell to beat her in, would he lock her away a similar confinement? "No, I haven't, why do you ask?"

"I can do it" Josie stood straighter.

"Why do you want to? Kurtis isn't going, and neither is Oliver"

"If you sent a male do you think she would react well? And if you send a female she doesn't know she would still freak out. Damien, let me go." My sister was beginning to beg. She said her reasons, but I really knew why. Both my sister and I have problems with appropriating fault. Sometimes we will blame ourselves harshly, then on different occasions  we accuse everyone else. Right now, Josie needed the closure of getting Jillian herself. She was trying to balance her bad actions with good ones.

I knew that it would be impossible for me to get my mate without help. My job was set out for me; I distract Easton and leave my pack to the rest. Josie had to do her part as well. "We leave in an hour" I nodded and went back into the office. Today, I vowed, today Jillian will be safe once again.

***

After a few minutes of listening to the meeting I left again to prep myself. Crescent Moon was more of a defensive pack than an offensive one. If we were crossed then we would fight pack twice as strong. But we didn't go around picking fights. That was why the pack was so successful. When I was a teenager many Alphas wanted to come and take my land, my territory. In doing so they brought wrath down upon their heads. That was how I acquired so much land myself. When a pack begins a fight and looses they have to give up a portion of their territory. So I have no hard feelings. Actually, I always knew the plot of land I wanted.

I went out the back door and wandered in the backyard. In one direction it lead you to the woods and the other directs you on a path to a little garden. I went for the garden. Outside was cool and refreshing. We would leave really soon and I needed to be ready for anything. My feelings had to he hidden and my thoughts to myself.