Chapter 1

Minami P.O.V

All I knew was that my life started out great, I had everything that a little girl would need... Until the night I lost everything that was precious to me.

It had been a couple of years since I lost my home and the memories of the love and happiness I once had growing up. Forced to move from many orphanages, since they would say, 'they couldn't handle me'. I always had the same outcome with the other children within the orphanages; young and old, I was the outcast amongst them all. They treated me badly by calling me freak, loser and every other nasty name they could think of. Due to my statues, I was even treated badly by some of the adults of the orphanage, for what I either did, or didn't do. Doing nothing about it my supposed treatment; I knew that if I stood up for myself and fought back, I would just get blamed for other people's punishment or problems. I allow them to walk all over me and no longer stood up for myself; never saying a word, becoming a mute. After the night, that night... the one where I lost all the happiness of my mother and our home, I never spoke, or uttered a sound to anyone or anything. More often now, I have been seeing these strange creatures called demons, around the place, including me and every other living being.

"You can see the demons everywhere the naked eye cannot see" my mother always said to me when I pointed them out or talked about them. If I ever grew bored, I sketch the different demons that I see in my book to help pass the time, when I wasn't letting my mind escape into my imagination, while reading or studying. Reading the many different types of books, I could get my hands on, wanting to gain more knowledge to leave, to get away and live on my own for the rest of my life, without the bullying and abuse. But, demons were making things more difficult in my life....no not difficult, a living hell! They always trip me, snatch my belongings, try to get my attention and would leave me to end up getting in trouble with other kids and adults, having to receive punishments that weren't really called for...... or right.

All that hard time in the orphanage changed after that fateful day, when a man dressed as a priest took me in. He said his name was Shiro Fujioka. He was kind and caring, but a bit of a pervert which made me get a little judge mental of him, but at least he made me smile, even laugh at how goofy he was when he was trying to pick up women.

He gave me a room, a roof over my head, food and other essentials that would be needed for my own personal use or other reasons. It made me happy to know, that a kind man like Shiro would want to take 'a sorry excuse of a child' like me in.

When he knew I felt alright and at home he introduced me to the guys who run the church with him and they were very welcoming. He later spoke of his 2 sons, saying that we could be good friends and siblings, that I should get to know them. Personally, I was unsure about it, how would we react to each other? I didn't know if they would bully me like the other kids did at the orphanage or if they think I was weird. Better yet, would we even get along? Would they accept me?

Shiro would come to my room every now and again to bringing my meals, or to talk to me, trying to encourage me into coming out, beyond my bedroom doors, when he wasn't busy with the church. On many occasions, he would try to encourage me out of my quarters and have me meet everyone properly, to help around the house, but I still wasn't ready yet. Only coming out for certain things, like the bathroom, I still wasn't game to meet everyone properly yet. Shiro never tried to force me out of my room and look around, which made me happy with the fact, along with his patience for me. He wanted me to warm up, get comfortable with everything before going any further.

At night, it was a whole different story. I would emerge from my room, when I knew everyone was asleep and do a whole bunch of things while no one's around. Cleaning as much of the house and the church I could, while out of my quarters, I would either go to the bathroom, take a nice bath or if I don't feel like it, I'd go outside, to take in the scenery of the garden or the cool night air of the starry sky, with the cream coloured moon.