Chapter 21

Waking up, I found myself facing a chest that I snuggled into, while another was pressed against my back. It was so pleasing, until the gears within my brain began to work and I later realised that Yukio was behind me.

'Wait if Yukio's behind me, then who's?' I lifted my head to see Rin and I felt my ears and tail pop out in shock, while my fur stood on end.

'RIN!!!' I shouted within my mind, but for some reason he shot up clutching his head with a silent hiss, looking around. His eyes landed on me and shock was all he and I could express. He was about to shout, but I quickly covered his mouth and gave a sign of silence, we looked to Yukio and I gave a sigh, seeing that we didn't wake him.

'What are you doing?' I thought to myself, before I heard a response

'How am I supposed to know?!' my head snapped to Rin as we shared the same expression, I could tell he wanted to ask something else, but I stopped him by giving my own reply.

'Look, can we just forget what's happening right now and get a move on with today?'

'Well it's hard to do that when you're shirtless' his face was red and trying his best to keep his eyes turned away.

'So are you and Yukio' I pointed out, he looked down to see I was right, before he got up, looking at the clock. He began to dress himself, while I did the same, only I was still wearing the boy's uniform.

'Why are you still wearing that? Everyone knows your gender now' -Rin

'And?'

'Well you don't need to dress like that anymore' -Rin

'Rin.... did it ever occur to you that I actually like wearing the boy's uniform?'

'Uh no, I never really thought of it like that....' -Rin

'Mephisto did try to make me wear the girls uniform, but there was no way that was happening' Rin spun around as he held his shirt in his arms in shock by her words, only to find she was barely dressed, having her pants and a bra on, while getting the shirt and hood ready.

"Ghgh! -" -Rin

"Hmm?" looking at him, I saw his face was beat red.

'Uh um sorry!' he cried in his mind, while trying to tear his eyes and body away from me, I tilt my head in confusion, before looking down and releasing his reactions. Giving a slight chuckle, I put the shirt on and walk to his side, placing a hand on his shoulder.

'Hay, it's okay. I know you wouldn't do this on purpose' he looked at me in the corner of his eye and gave a silent apology. I only smiled and ruffled his hair, before planting a kiss on his cheek, which surprised him.

'Go down stairs and start eating, you don't want to go out hungry do yah?' he gave a grin, waving as he took off down stairs.

Turning around, I see that Yukio is still in bed and calmly walk over, to kneel and lay my arms on his bed, while I give a slight ruffle of his hair, which he protested to with a groan, trying to knock my hand away thinking it was someone else.

"Yukio. It's time to wake up" he groggily opened his eyes and stared at me, while I grabbed his glasses, handing them to him.

"What time is it?" he asked before I replied to him, giving a slight groan he pulled the blanket up around his neck, closing his eyes as he laid his head on the pillow, making himself comfortable.

"It's too early" I gave a laughable huff to this behaviour

"You're acting like a little kid right now" I said with a look of amusement, resting my chin on my hand. A pout was the only response he gave to me, saying that he wants to sleep for a little longer.

"Alright, I'll leave you be, Rin is down stairs eating. When you feel up to getting out of bed we could walk together to the academy.... sound good?" but I got no answer since he had already fallen back to sleep. Rolling my eyes, I remove his glasses and place them on the side desk, making sure I left a kiss on his head as well, before leaving the room.

*sometime later*

We later found Koneko trying to leave, only to have Rin stop him and the others, I showed myself to him as I stood by his side, placing a hand on his shoulder and gave a reassuring smile. He was surprised to see me and that I was still in a boy's uniform, we all headed back towards the school, poor Rin had to carry Koneko's bags, but I decided to give him a hand, while everyone talked to each other, Koneko seemed to stay by my side as we walked in silence behind everyone. Peering through the corner of my eye, I could see he had something on his mind, so I thought I'd break the odd silence he was giving with a kind question.

"How's your arm?"

"Huh? Oh, it's actually doing good so far" -Koneko

"That's good to hear, and I'm glad you didn't leave. Everyone here loves you and wouldn't know what their lives would be like without you"

"Are you making fun of me?" he asked sadly

"No. I am merely speaking the truth"

"..... are you still upset with me?" -Koneko

"Hmm, for what?"

"About how we judged Rin, better yet, you as well" -Koneko

"No, I should apologize for my outburst. I have very deep scars that can't be sugar coated to forget, same goes for you Rin, Bon, Shima.... everyone" I looked at him to see he seemed down, placing a hand on his shoulder, I earned his attention and gave a kind smile, as reassurance.

"None of this was your fault. That demon took advantage of you, for the fear of your friends. I'm just glad you're safe"

"Thanks.... I was told what you did for me.... And I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble then" I pulled him into a side hug.

"It was my choice to interfere and I didn't want you to fall on the wrong path or die" he looked at me in an odd way, like he was looking up to me as a person to strive to become.

"Hay! What are you two doing? Get a move on" we were called out by Izumo and the others to hurry up, since we were so far behind them. Turning to Koneko I gave a smile, flicking my head towards the others, telling him to 'come on' as we caught up and headed home.