Chapter 23

(An ordinary day)

Shiemi got everyone together to plan a surprise birthday party for Izumo, but to be honest why now? And better yet, how comes she's the only one? It's been so many months since we started the cram school that we decide to throw a party now?

Everyone was given a task.... Well except for me since I'm so invisible to everyone, but I think it was more my fault than theirs, I've become so use to making myself hidden like a shadow that they don't notice me, unless I've made myself known, but in a way...... I'm still surprised that Koneko accepted me very well and always seemed to be the first to notice me. He seemed to accept me first after knowing I had demon blood in me, before Rin...

*time skip*

Izumo stormed in with a murderous aura behind her, Paku and Shima were with her too. She had found out about the party and confronted everyone about it, saying that it was unfair that they were throwing a party now and for her, when they hadn't done the same thing for everyone else.

'Thank god she pointed such a topic out'

The idea of throwing everyone's birthdays came to mind and I was really happy with the idea, so was everyone else and with that we all got into action, buying gifts, setting up in the old boy's dorm around the dining hall, getting the gifts, cake, snacks and people together. It was exhausting, but fun, seeing everyone work together and having a ball.

Bon as about to get everyone to toast when Rin and Koneko came out with the cake, Shima cried out that they were hungry which I smiled and shook my head to. Yukio was surprised that Rin actually admitted that cooking was the only thing he was good at, which wasn't to much of a surprise, since it was all true. Rin took a wrong step and accidentally knocked the trolley, causing the cake to slide off and slowly head towards the ground, this caused Koneko to spring into action and dive down to catch the cake, preventing it from hitting the ground and bring a sense of relief to us all. Standing up Koneko was applauded for his efforts and praised, Rin thanked him and complimented how 'awesome' he was.

"Good job Koneko, you sure do have the reaction of a cat" I complemented him.

Everyone got around the cake and blew out the candles, I stood by the side and let them all enjoy their moment, because they were a team, they were friends. I was merely a shadow that stood on the side.

The cake was cut up and divided to everyone, while Yukio came and leaned against the wall like myself. We turned our heads towards each other and smiled, turning back to the others and letting them open up their presents, I noticed Shiemi looking at Yukio, before turning her head to me in uncertainty. All I did was nudge my head in his direction and give a wink of good luck, though part of me didn't want to, but it was not my place or choice to be doing so.

She walked over and began to talk to him, having that friendly conversation and get to know a little more about Yukio, while I refilled my drink, watching what everyone got as a present. Koneko came to my side and took a friendly conversation with me along with everyone else, which I found, was really nice to have.

"So, Minami, when is your birthday" -Koneko

"Yeah, now that I think about it Yukio and I don't even know" -Rin

"Wait, how can you not know?" -Izumo, Bon

"Uh....." I said while staring to the ceiling

"Now that I think about it, I don't really know"

"Wait a minute, how can you not know your own birthday?" -Shima, the confusion on their faces was quite present and I gave an awkward chuckle, while shrugging.