Chapter 20

*some time later*

Minami's P.O.V

I awoke to a sudden presence, one that didn't seem to belong. Standing on all fours, she weakly faced the windows, wobbling in its direction, jumping onto the desk, there was a demon attacking Rin and using Koneko's body as a host, the scene caused me to bare my fangs in anger and eyes to glow.

Knocking the window with my muzzle, I jump out and transforming into a crow. Rin managed to convince Neko to jump out of the demon's grasp and I swooped in, beginning to fight with it in the air. We cried out as we fought, and I attacked him with my claws, causing little wounds to appear on his chest and stomach. We jumped back from each other, for him to sit on the fence and for I on the ground, staring at each other in the eye with anger.

"What are you doing protecting the son of Satan, you're a pathetic mudblood?!"

"The likes of you don't need to know that, sick bastard!"

"Why would you, a mudblood, be protecting something like Satan's spawn?! You are a disgrace! I thought that a mudblood would kill strong demons to take their role!"

"I am not as low as thy! I rank my position in my own way!"

"Why you pathetic bitch!" he swooped down to kill me, but was killed before he could do such a thing, since he erupted in blue flames.

I held a look of surprise, before turning to see it was Rin who had done it. Yukio, Bon, Shima and Neko were with him as well, letting my surprise drop, I gave a sigh and laid my body on the ground, still damaged from stress and exhaustion.

"Hay" I looked up to Rin

"I'm fine..."

"No, you're not, so there's no need to lie" I then saw Neko with the others.

"How is he? Does he have any serious injuries?"

"No, he's fine..." -Yukio

"Why would you help him?" -Bon

"Like I said to you and the others, if Rin and I wanted to kill you, we would have. Not all demons are monsters, they show some emotion and have a kind heart towards certain humans" I responded.

I got up and flew to Neko landing on Shima's shoulder and asked Bon to bring Koneko towards me. He was hesitant at first, but did as I asked, placing my wing over his head I felt his emotions and found out why he ended up like this. Giving a look of understanding, I leaned close and began to whisper words of comfort into his ear, before placing my wing on his shoulder to heal any serious wounds that the demon could have caused.

*sigh*

"There, take him back to his room and leave him to rest. He'll need it after tonight"

"What did you do to him?" -Yukio

"I just checked his health and mental state. I've also healed some serious injuries that took place on him from the demon, that might have been left inside him and whispered words of comfort to help him sleep well"

"Are you sure you should be doing that?" -Rin

I jumped off Shima's shoulder and turned into a fox again, wobbling my way to the door, before collapsing. Releasing a sigh of annoyance, I attempt to try my goal again, only to have Yukio pick me up.

"Sorry... I've caused you all more trouble than help" I said to them all

"What happened to you?" -Bon and Shima

"There is no need to worry. I just need a long rest"

"Oh, I think you need more than a rest. You haven't eaten all day and you just faced another demon" -Yukio, I gave a huff and threw it off, but then an idea came to mind, and I stood up in Yukio's arms before wrapping my body around his neck like a scarf to rest, finding it very comforting to sit up here.