Chapter 19

I had explained to Rin and Shura some things about me, not everything, but only a little, such as the fact I was taken in by Shiro and kept myself hidden from them. When Yukio came back he was shocked to see me and swiped his gun out, ready to shoot, I didn't even flinch, I stood tall and proud as I stared at him, holding a look that said, 'go ahead', but he was stopped by Rin and Shura, who blocked me with their bodies, leaving him confused and angered.

"What are you doing? Get out of the way!" -Yukio

"Stop it Yukio, stand down!" I knew he really wanted to pull the trigger and I wouldn't really blame him.

Rin and Shura tried speaking to him, so that he would calm down and try to understand the situation, but it seemed futile, so I took a breath and walked passed them towards Yukio. They told me to stop, but I didn't, I needed to settle this, standing before Yukio, I stared up to him, resting on my hunches and used my paw to pull his gun to my chest. The cold barrel rested against my fur, lifting my eyes I stare at him with this look of emptiness, the look of shock, confusion and caution were all present on his face, all I did was give him a smile as I folded my ears against my scalp. He didn't know what to do, shoot? Don't shoot? But I was going to help make the decision for him, closing my eyes, I gave a final breath, changing back to my human self, leaving him to look at me in absolute shock, only to change to realisation, as his memory of our first encounter all those years ago, came back. All I could seem to do then was give him a kind smile, placing my finger on the trigger of his gun.

"It's nice to see you again... Yukio" He just stared at me, not knowing what to do, while I slowly began to pull at the trigger, only for him to stop me. I looked down to see he pulled my hand away and stared at me in shock, he placed his hand on my cheek and I looked at him in confusion.

"I knew you were real, no one believed me except for dad" My eyes widened at this, before I looked down in sadness.

"Shiro...."

"Wait, you two known each other?!" We turned to Rin and Shura who held looks of shock and confusion.

"Of course, I do Rin, she's the girl I told you about when we were little. The one who was in the garden that night"

"Uh wait, you weren't kidding?!" I gave a sheepish smile and a small wave to them.

We just seemed to chat amongst ourselves like this for a while and for once I felt so relaxed, there was no bad vibe between me and these two. I'm starting to regret not hanging out with them all those years ago. I then later told them that Shiro had asked for me to look after them if anything bad happened to him, which is the reason why I was here.

"Truthfully, I would have kept this form a secret from you all, but Amaimon grabbed me and tried using me as a shield when we burst into the trial. He seemed pretty pissed off with the fact I cared for your safety more than my own" they looked at me with a thoughtful look

"Wait, why were you trying to keep yourself a secret?" -Shura

"Let's just say I have a lot of bad luck with both demons and humans. Didn't want to get anyone involved and I didn't want to cause a problem with people I'm close too"

"Wait, what do you mean by that?" -Yukio

"Well, have any of you heard of a 'Mudblood?'"

"No, I definitely haven't" -Rin, Shura and Yukio shook their heads to this.

"Well a Mudblood means a demon with a dirty blood type, a mixed breed and because of that blood type they have trouble being accepted in both human and demon communities"

"Well you're doing a good job of interacting with us" -Rin

"Yukio and I are both senior exorcists and I've never heard of such a thing" -Shura