Chapter 9

(A flock of plovers)

I woke up and did my morning routine with Yukio, since Rin was a log when it came to sleeping in, during early morn. After some time, once they were gone, I used the key Mephisto gave me, in order to get to school for another boring day of stuff I already know. The teachers tried to find harder work for me, but I would always get it finished in no time and I'd just sit back listen or draw in my sketchbook, but also keep my eye on Rin, when no one was looking.

When lunch came around, I grabbed my bag and headed outside, knowing that I was being followed again by students. I continued walking, till I got to one of the trees outside, sitting under it, eating my lunch, while reading a book. When I finished my lunch, I began to sketch again, only it wasn't of the demons and other things I usually do. I was drawing the scene in front of me, students walking around, playing, chatting and the nature. Feeling something softly bouncing off my foot, I gaze away from my sketchbook, to see what it was....it was a soccer ball.

"Uh sorry! Can we have our ball back?" I looked to see a group of students, peering at me in a hesitant matter. Putting my book and pencil down, I get up, flicking the ball off the ground with my foot and began to fiddle around with it, bouncing it with my knees, feet and head, before kicking it to them and actually scoring.

'Oop's too much force...' they looked with their jaws hanging open and I heard some awes and squeals.

"Whoa! How'd you do that?!" I just gave a shrug and sat back down.

"Do you wanna join?"

"No, I'm good, I think I put too much force into that kick?"

"What are you talking about?! That was an amazing shot!" next thing I know, I was being dragged to the fields by the guy.

*sigh*

-looks like I have no choice-

*couple minutes in*

I've been passing, kicking, scoring with the soccer ball and realized how fun it actually was. I was getting a bit more talkative to everyone too, but the girls were making me a bit uncomfortable, since they were getting flirtatious with me and getting all up in my personal space.

*time skip*

Walking into class, heading toward my usual seat, I began getting some school work done, while I waited for everyone, but someone came in quicker than I thought. A boy with blond, short hair and a pink puppet the shape of a bunny, placed on his hand came in. He was about to take his usual seat two rows in front of me, but he stopped part way and looked at me, we just stared at each other for some time, it felt like hours had passed. He walked over to me and our stairs became a bit more intense, lifting his puppet, he used it to ask, if he could sit with me and truth be told, I was a bit surprised by this, but there was something about him that made my stomach turn uncomfortably.

"Sure" that was the only answer that left my lips.

*little later*

"Listen up, summer vacation is less than half a month away. But before the break, you will be taking this year esquire's, authorizations exam" -Yukio

"I want everyone to keep in mind, that once you're promoted to esquire, you'll be subjected to more specialised, combat training, the exam won't be easy to pass. Therefore, starting Monday we're offering a week-long boot camp to prepare you for the exam" and this got everyone's attention except me and the other two students in the back row.

"Since attending the camp isn't mandatory, indicate whether you will be participating on the form. If you are, please indicate the mister, or title that you'd like to acquire, and turn the form in by Monday" -Yukio