Thirty-eight

The sound of loud talking pulls me out of my sleep. I sit up, my surroundings surprising me.
"Hey!"
I jump at the sight of Taylor. My best friend. She jumps on me, hugging me extra tightly and I smile.
"I didn't know you were going to be here, no one told me. I was coming to see ..." I say but suddenly stop. Why am I here. Not because I was invited, not because I'm happy for the couple. Why am I here?
"Who cares, I'm more than happy to see you. Come on, everyone is downstairs. Plus, we need to do some catching up."
I laugh as she drags me down the steps. It's loud but everyone seems in a great mood. The smell of honey and vanilla is gone and all I smell is lilacs. She's here.
When we get into the living room, eyes land on me. I blush, wanting to disappear.
"Jane!" Jessica exclaims. I eye her as she heads toward me. We aren't friends so how come she's acting like it. I smile. She cheated on Zayn and wants me to be quiet. I sit down beside Taylor and everyone goes back to their conversations. I don't engage in the drinking, my situation prohibits that. Jessica is chugging down bottle after bottle. That girl is crazy.
"She's a drunkie.." Taylor mutters and I laugh. Drinking would take away my heart ache. But my baby is more important.
"She's cheating on him." I whisper loud enough for Taylor to hear. She gasps and her eyes get big. Zayn looks over at us and for the first time I notice him. He looks the same as he did the day I fell out from all the beating I took. He looks pained. Why?