Forty-five

All my things are packed in the car and its time for me to go. Time for me to go back to my little life. I listen to the morning birds. I don't want to leave the beach just yet so I'll probably go get a room. I just can't be here when things get cute and lovestruck. I get in the car and pull out the driveway. I'm going to miss this place. There's a hotel far down the street near the boardwalk. I haven't actually gotten to go there so I guess that's my next stop tonight. My phone vibrates and Mom pops up on the screen.
"Hey sweetie! I'm at the beach. Are you heading home?" She asks. I can hear the loud wind and Brad. Why didn't mom take dad?
"I'm still at the beach, where's dad?"
"Oh he's..you know. Grab a hotel and we'll meet up. We're going to Clam Resorts. I'll pay for your room, see you."
She hangs up before I can decline the offer. I don't want Brad paying for anything I need or want. That's like betrayal to Dad. He doesn't deserve that. I pull up the resort and pay for my room before they get there. I have a room upstairs and they may be a challlenge with this baby growing in me. I'm excited about having a child. A child of my own. I put my things in my room and set the air condition to a cool temperature. The cool air feels great on my skin.
"Jane you never listen to me!" Mom screams, letting herself in. I roll my eyes, hugging her. Brad stands in the back, looking quite awkward. He knows I know about his affair with my mother but he still acts as I'd it's all a secret.
"Hello, Brad." I say, nodding my head.
"Hello, Jane." He smiles awkwardly. I admit, he is quite handsome for his age but he's a hell bound man. Adultery is a sin, even I know that.
"Honey, we are going to wash up and then meet you downstairs to go out somewhere. Anywhere. Get cute, your clothes are hanging off you like you're losing weight or pregnant or something."
Right on the dot mom, pregnant. I nod, shutting my door behind them. I look for something tight but won't reveal my belly too much. I'm not showing as I should be but I don't think it's good to even show a bump to my mother.
Maybe I should call Dad. I dial his number and it only rings once, "Janey, how are you baby girl?"
I smile. My old man was plenty tough but he always loved me more than anything.
"Just at the beach, I wanted to check on you. You okay?"
He chuckles and it's warming. "I'm in this old house, watching westerns. Your mom took a trip with her sisters."
My heart breaks. She lied to him, just to hang out with Brad. I know dad gets quite boring sometimes but he's a good soul.
"Oh that's nothing new. I'll come see you soon, okay?"
"Oh yeah, baby girl. Take your time, your old man ain't going anywhere anytime soon. I love you, talk later."
"I love you too."
Love demands pain to bring happiness.