Chapter Twenty-two

The morning sun burns my eyes. There's bacon or something, frying. I inhale deeply, standing up. I walk to the kitchen, adjusting my bed hair. None other than Zayn, is standing in the kitchen. He turns around at the sound of my entrance.
"Good Morning. The family went to the zoo, I told them not to wake you." He says. I shrug. A plate of fluffy pancakes, bacon, and eggs, is placed in front of me. I didn't know I was so hungry. The kitchen stays silent and I can feel Zayn watching me.
"Is she beautiful?" I whisper. I can't make myself look at him.
"I was drunk, I didnt ..."
She's beautiful.
"Have you known her for awhile?"
"Time doesn't matter."
He's known her for awhile.
"Do you love her?"
The one question that ends everything or leaves everything as is.
"I love you, too."
Too. He loves her. I feel sick. I run upstairs and lock myself in the bathroom. This whole time, I'm ignoring Chris because I love Zayn and he loves another girl. I throw up my breakfast, tears pouring down my face.
"It wasn't supposed to happen." He says, through the door. I'm sick again. I can't talk and I can't breath. My chest tightens up with every realization and I feel like its going to burst.
Breathe, Jane, breathe. I unlock the door and pull it open. I can see so much pain in his green eyes. My wet and red face. I slip the ring off and place it at his feet and with the bracelet.
"I was counting on forever but now.."
I can't finish. My body shakes with sobs. I just want to die or completely disappear. Nothing should hurt this bad.
"Princess, I Dont want to lose you."
"So you want to be my friend? Is that it?"
"She's pregnant.."
I break down all over again. A never ending pain. She's going to be having his child. A child we talked about so many times before on the phone at 2 AM. Everything gone.
I pick myself up off the ground and walk into the bedroom. I never completely unpacked my bags so its easier to grab my things. I pull on my shoes and tie my hair in a bun.
I throw my bags in the family car and jump in before Zayn can stop me.
Tears blind my eyes and I serve a little with each turn.
Just breathe. Just breathe.
Forever is bullshit.