Forty

"So you aren't going to tell him? Is this cute?"
I take a glance and nod my head.
"I don't have that right. You don't either."
Taylor grumbles, throwing the shirt down. We decided to go shopping because the bridal talk was making me overly sick. I can't stand it. Me and my mother and even Taylor, should be planning my wedding. I wanted a wedding in the summer. The sun sparkling the gold on my beautiful dress. I had it all mapped out.
"Well, we should tell. Let's do some investigating?"
I laugh, my best friend is asking me to become a cop.
"Or-you'll like this idea- let's leave it alone."
She looks at me surprised.
"You don't want him back?"
"Of course but he's happy with her and his daughter."
"I bet you're scared."
"No, I'm guarded. But thanks."
"Jane, you know better. That's your man, he was sent here to be yours. You know that movie, Legend? That fine ass prophet or Angel, or whatever. He was sent for a reason. You can't something you love go."
Taylor is a mess sometimes but she's always the one pushing me to do something absolutely right.
"Maybe it'll come back, if it loves you too." I mutter. I don't believe that but I wish it was true. Dad loves mom and I'm sure of that but mom is cheating on him. Why is love so nasty. So mean.
"Or..you can pursue it baby girl."
"I don't like that idea, particularly."
"You're beautiful, what's your name?"
I look up into plain Jane, Brown eyes.
"M-me?" I stutter. The guy has creme skin and blonde hair. He isn't ugly but he's a surfer boy.
"Yes, you. What's your name?"
"Jane, her name is Jane. Yours?" Taylor says. I roll my eyes. Does she believe I can't speak on my own?
"Nice to meet you. I'm Zach. You girls from around here?"
"Further in, yeah I am. She's not." I speak up, smirking at Taylor. Taylor sticks her tongue out, "Do you have a friend to show us some cool night air stuff?"
"Yeah, I do. My friend, Thomas. Where are y'all staying we'll pick you and this cutie up tonight."
I wrinkle up my nose. Why are they a king decisions for me, what if I don't want to go?
"313 the big beach house uh I don't know the name of the street." Taylor says, popping a piece of gum in her mouth.
"I know what you're talking about. I'll be there at 9. See you cutie."
He kisses my forehead, winking. Ew. Oh my gosh, Ew. I wanna scream and tell him I'm pregnant but Taylor glares her big eyes at me.
"See ya.." I mutter.
Tonight is going to be a long night.