Forty-two

I force myself to wake up early, get a head start. Although I've missed Taylor, I want to do some thinking alone. I tiptoe downstairs, just as the front door opens. Jessica stumbles in with a guy, he introduced himself as Justin when we first got here. They both look intoxicated and finished having sex. She kisses him one last time before pulling away and heading to the stairs. I run back up them as quick as possible and wait for her to go into the bathroom. The water turns on and I head for the stairs again. I make it out the door without seeing anything I don't need to see. It's already hot and the sun beats down on my open scalp. I should've grabbed my hat. I sit in my car and think. Jessica cheats quite a lot, I can see that from the two times I've caught her. How doesn't Zayn notice? Does he love her that much? I don't understand. I'm pretty sure something is all wrong about this. I lean my head against the steering wheel, letting my eyes close.
A soft tap at my window brings my head up. Taylor stares at me, wide-eyed.
I open the door and step out.
"They. Are. Yelling."
I raise my eyebrows and then I hear it. Full on arguing. I drag Taylor back the house and the commotion is serious. Zayn looks crazy and Jessica seems angry. What could they be arguing about.
"It's not that big of a deal!" Jessica yells, keeping her distance. Zayn doesn't seem happy with that answer.
"You've drained the whole Damn account and I don't see shit you have to show for it. Where's the money going? You think I'm busting my ass for you to blow it on God knows what?!" Zayn screams. God and Jane knows, I want to say but I keep quiet. The whole house is watching now and it's no surprise. Justin looks amused. God, Jane, and Justin knows. This is terrible. Zayn pushes past me and out the door. Great, shove a pregnant lady.
"Well I'm hungry, would you guys like breakfast? I'm a good cook." Taylor says, stretching. Everyone mutters a simple yes and sounds fun. Jessica looks sick to her stomach but plasters on a smile. I'm not particularly hungry, I had plans. I back away before Taylor can notice that I'm leaving. Breakfast can wait.