Nursery

One down multiple to go dreamsofhim here's yours I hope that you enjoy it!!
___________________________
"I think we should add some more blue to this room. I think that it needs to look a little more manly."

"Willie.. Absolutely not. We opted to make the room gray and white with a pop of blue. So that it would give off a cool and airy feel for the baby. And it is masculine" Erika reminded the 7'0 basketball player

"But that blue is so boring can't we use Kentucky blue?."

"Willie. No. You said we couldn't use Duke blue, so we can't use Kentucky blue."

"Why would we use Duke blue if I went to Kentucky? Did you have something going on with one of the players from Duke."Willie said looking down at the woman

"Stay away from that topic. I'm just a fan of their 2014-15 basketball team. But seriously before you bomb rushed your way into my little life I was and still am a Duke ride or die."

"How about we stick to the blue that we chose."

'Jackpot! Babe you're smart!"

She remembered convincing him to agree with her when she was 2 months pregnant. Her exact words were "I'm sure that we're having a boy, but just to be safe, let's go with gray and white with a pop color."

Willie agreed because let's be honest you never want to disagree with a pregnant woman. So she didn't understand why he was trying it now
"Smart move, babe, smart move."She said patting his shoulder

"Alright, let's get started then babe."

Dropping her head back in laughter Erika replied to her husband "Willie. I'm not permitted to lift things to remember. You gave me a list of things I could and couldn't do while we put the baby's room together. I'm only allowed to tell you where to put things and to sit in this chair and look pretty. So you need to get started because this is going to be a long process."

"Really Erika? You aren't going to help me?" He asked her

"Are you really whining right now? You know Devin and Karl have been asking me to get a video or a picture of you doing something embarrassing. So you whining for help would make the perfect thing."

'Should I help him or should I let him suffer? I mean it is his fault that I'm 5 months pregnant.'Erika thought

After making Willie, wait she finally answered, "I'll place the pictures and things on the wall and you need to go and make sure the crib is put together sturdily."

As soon as Erika finished giving out orders the pair got to work. Willie started to shake test the crib to make sure it would be durable enough for his son.

While Erika absent mindly put pictures and things on the wall. Thoughts of her being a new mother started to cloud her thoughts. She wondered if she would be a good mother to baby Cauley-Stein. But Willie being her husband of almost a year noticed that something about her was off. It could've just been her pregnancy mood swings, acting up once again. "Baby girl, what's wrong?"

"Nothing Willie.It's silly."Erika said trying to wave off the situation.

"Erika. What is wrong? I'm not going to keep asking you. Have you forgotten that I know you like the back of my hand."

Putting down the picture she was holding Erika turned towards the man "Willie what if we're not good enough parents to our son? What If I'm a horrible mother. Am I too young to be someone's mom?"Erika questioned

"Stop it Erika. You are more than a good mother. You are an exceptional mother. I don't understand where all of this coming from? You were just so happy about becoming a mom what happened?"

"People happened. Their whispers happened."

"Ok, people talk.You don't consider that I have the same worries. Erika you can't let people come and dictate your feelings. You see that I don't allow what people say to get to me.I question myself everyday,Am I going to be good enough to lead a family? Am I going to be a good enough father to our son? I just want you to realize that if you fail then I fail. We're a team Erika. So don't ever hold in your feelings for me. I'm your husband and if you're struggling with thinking about things like this let me know."

By now the nursery had been forgotten about and the only thing that was either of their minds was trying to make sure their significant other was alright mentally and emotionally. This is one thing that Erika and Willie promised each other that when they thought it would get too much since then they were allowed to let it all out no matter where they were.But they usually preferred it to be a private moment between them.

"It's just so hard when I look at the women who are in the same position as me all being 25 and older with children. They intimidate me to a whole other level. And I have people whispering in my ear that my kid is going to be a problem child. My child."Erika ranted as tears began to roll down her face.

"Erika. Listen to me we aren't going to get it right.We're only human yes it is going to be difficult to learn how to basically teach another human how to live life.But God knew what we could handle. But baby Cauley-Stein is going to have the best life that we can give him. And I put that on everything I love."Willie said, trying to calm down his crying wife, "Now quit crying you're too pretty for all of that. We're Cauley-Stein's we got this in the bag. Now let me see that smile I love so much."

Smiling up to her husband Erika puckered her lips for a kiss. She let the words, Willie spoke to her marinate in her head and she could slowly feel herself starting to get more confident in becoming a mother.

"Hey Willie."Erika said as she went to over to the crib

"Yeah?"

"Now and forever."

"Forever and always."