Draft Feelings

zvtanna here's yours lovely!! I hope you enjoy it and if there's errors please let me know!!
___________________________"Devin Armani."Zatanna called out to her boyfriend of almost a year and a half
"What's up baby?"
Devin knew that tone of voice anywhere. She had just seen or found out something that wasn't sitting properly with her. He also recognized that when she called him by his first and middle name that she was beyond serious. So here he was trying to figure out what he had done and how he could fix it.
"When were you gonna tell me that you were declaring for the draft? I mean I would've considered that since I am your girlfriend that you would... I don't know, perhaps tell me that piece of important information unless I don't carry that position anymore."
Zatanna knew how things like this turned out. They would promise to remain with you and then turn around and break up with you as soon as the got a whiff of the NBA lifestyle. She had been through too much with Devin and she refused to have all her love go down the drain. She was gonna fight for this relationship regardless of the result. "Please explain yourself Devin."
"I was planning on telling you soon Zat. You know I wouldn't deliberately keep something so vital for you. I just declared yesterday and then I was gonna tell you."Devin said looking at the short woman
Rolling her eyes at Devin, Zatanna replied "So you declared yesterday. And you were gonna tell me 'soon. Devin what is soon to you? The week of the draft? How about the day of the draft. You know what I consider soon. The day of or how about as soon as you accepted being in the draft this year. That Devin is what soon means. Not the day after about a whole 24 hours."
"Zatanna what are you going on about? I just told you that I'm declaring for the draft so I don't see the big deal is. It's not like I didn't tell you at all. I'm not about to up and go to wherever it's being held at. You act like I've purposely done this so that I can leave you. If a team doesn't pick me then me breaking up with you would be pointless. This whole entire argument is about to be pointless. Is is your time of the month?"Devin spoke
Lies. Lies. Lies. Lies. Lies. Lies. Lie after lie after lie and lie. Zatanna knew what he was trying to do.He was trying to run and avoid the fact that he had already declared and he didn't tell her ahead of time.
"Devin... Stop lying. You just stated that you declared yesterday, which means you gave them your word. Which means that you could've told me so that these females around here wouldn't be in my face telling me that my relationship was going down the drain. I just want to know where I stand when all of this goes through, so I'm not looking stupid."
Sighing Devin ran his hands down his face."Zatanna. What does me declaring have to do with our relationship? Why are you trying to pick a fight with me? I'm not attempting to argue with you and you know I hate arguing with you. So please just tell me what is wrong with you?"
'Pick a fight with him? Boy, I'm not attempting to fight with you I just want some clarity."Zatanna thought to herself
"You wanna know what the draft and our relationship have to do with each other."Zatanna asked , looking at Devin "The second you declare you're gonna get busy with all things NBA. Then I'm gonna have to fight for time with you. And then you can add on all the females that are gonna be flocking just about all you rookies. It's gonna be these girls here at Kentucky times ten. And I'm nervous about this whole thing. I'm nervous that wherever you end up you're going to find a better girl. I'm nervous that they are gonna take advantage of you. Ok Devin I'm anxious."
At this point Devin just wanted the woman to calm down and come out of her feelings. If he would have known that him declaring for the draft was gonna cause her this much anxiety and stress he surely would've ran the idea by her.
"Zat. I just told you that I'm not forgetting you. You're gonna be a part of this journey with me. I promise to you that I am not gonna leave you. And I put that on everything I love. And those females aren't gonna mean a thing to me. I've given you all of my heart so I don't understand why you're nervous about our relationship. Even if I do get drafted you wanna know one thing that's gonna be permanent? It's me and you. That ain't ever changing believe that."
"That's what they all say Devin. I've seen it happen to people I know. I've seen young women experience the heartbreak of her boyfriend breaking up with her because 'I'm trying to get this paper and I have to experience my new life to the fullest. Or I'm cutting ties with all my past so I can focus on my future.' So Devin all I wanna know is am I gonna be one of those young ladies. Because if I am let me go freely right now so that I won't be embarrassed later on."Zatanna said, crossing her arms, "You must be downright stupid if you suppose I'm about to deal with an embarrassing break up.So you might as well break up with me right now. And let me move on because it'll be a cold day in hell before I let you embarrass me."
Before Zatanna could register what was happening Devin had crossed the room and pinned her to the wall by her wrist his face close to hers. "So this is what this is about. You genuinely think I'm gonna break up with you when I get drafted. You think that I am gonna give away a year and a half? Do I seem that stupid to you? I had to fight to get you Zat. I'm not letting you go. You're stuck with me and there's nothing you can do about it."Devin stated, laughing as his voice dropped a few octaves "I can't believe you thought I was gonna let you go. I told you when we got together that I WASN'T letting you go.I love you entirely too much to let you go. And I'll continue saying it over and over again until you get it through your head that me going into the draft doesn't change a thing. I'm not none of them other dudes who've likely let go some of the most amazing girls because of the draft. But Zat. That's not me and that will never be me. So this little theory that you possess in that pretty little head of yours needs to disappear right now. Do I make myself clear when I say that I'm not leaving you."
All Zatanna needed to hear was Devin speaking, those exact words to her and she recognized that everything would be ok. She knew that he was serious when he told her he planned on staying with her. She felt as if all the walls she had built up about this whole situation had been knocked down.
"Crystal."
"That's what I like to hear. Now repeat after me Devin isn't going anywhere and neither am I."
"Devin isn't going anywhere and neither am I."Zatanna repeated"You promise? Because I don't have time to be playing games. I love you and all but I'll knock the crap out of you."
"Yes. Zat. I can promise you that."
"Can you let my arms down now? I think you're liking this dominant thing a little too much."
Laughing Devin shook his head. "You're okay. I quite like this position."