Discover

(For @mrswade3)
"Niyah!"Aaniyah heard her boyfriend Quinn yell
"Yes, Quinn"
Turning to look at you Quinn quickly cut his eyes at you "You wouldn't believe what I just and I mean JUST found out."
All she knew was whatever he had just found out better have had been important enough for him to be cutting his eyes at her. She didn't play those types of games and he knew that. So for him to try and pull that was just a whole other level of shocking. But she was gone check that real quick.
"First of all who are you cutting your eyes at? You better calm that all the way down. Second, what did you just find out that you felt that I needed to see it?"Aaniyah asked looking at the older man
"I just found out something pretty interesting. You've been hiding valuable information from me."
"Boy, what are you talking about? I don't have time for this. I need to start cooking. And you're prolonging my process."
"This is more important and I need your full and undivided attention."
Sitting on the couch Aaniyah turned to look at her boyfriend"Ok, you've got my undivided attention. What is it that you found out. Is it something that I did?"

"It does have something to do with you. It's actually about you and this athlete you dated for a year and half."
Of course it was about this. She knew that he'd find out sooner or later, while she preferred never. This was the way that the cookie crumbled. All she knew was she had to get herself out of this situation fast.
"Quinn. That's what this was all about. You're funny you know that it's cute seeing you all jealous and worked up over who I dated. It doesn't matter babe. I only have eyes for you."Aaniyah lied grabbing his cheek while standing up "You're really funny babe I mean you had me worried for a second. I thought you had found out you had a baby somewhere.
Getting up to follow his girlfriend Quinn continued on his investigation hunt "Can you at least tell me who it was. I told you about all my past girls, it's only fair that you do the same."
"But does it matter. Does it really matter who I dated babe? I mean, if you got me why does it matter. What is it with guys wanting to know who their girls first boyfriend was or who she dated before them?"
Aaniyah knew that Quinn wouldn't like the answer she was gonna give. Which led to why she kept trying to avoid the situation at hand. But she knew Quinn well enough to know that he was persistent in getting what he wanted which is how she ended up here in a relationship with him.
"Please just tell me who it was. Is that too much for me to ask of you? I literally told you about every female I dated. The least you could do is tell me the name of the guy who held your heart.
"I'll give you his initials. If you want me to tell you anymore, you have to guess the name yourself."
"I don't want no initials. Just tell me. Why are playing so many games with me, you're acting like you and the dude still talk to each other."
"I mean we are still talking to each other. But that's not the point."
"Aaniyah. Seriously? You've been keeping contact with your ex?"Quinn questioned
"First off stop questioning me like you're my father. Because you aren't. Second, if I wanted to talk to Obama I could. And third, I KNOW you still talk to some of your ex's. So let's not point fingers because they can easily be returned. And if you keep talking to me like you are I won't hesitate to call Odell and have him set you in your rightful place."Aaniyah smiled "Now what do you want to eat babe?"
"Odell?"
"Yeah babe Odell Beckham Jr. Is my ex. The one you've become obsessed with in the last 15 minutes." She smiled, grabbing some eggs out the fridge.
Soon the couple had been engulfed in silence as Quinn processed the newly received from his girlfriend. He didn't know why he thought she was gonna name some unknown player. But he didn't expect her to throw out a football player whose name held some weight to it.
"Are you serious? You didn't think that it would have been smart to tell me that I would have to deal with people throwing up the fact that my girlfriend dated Odell for a year and a half."
"I mean I didn't know it would have meant that to you. Odell has been just Odell to me.I don't really see the problem here. I'm pretty sure you've dated some girls who've become well known."
Shaking his head in a 'no' motion Quinn just continued to stare at the female as if she grew three heads. She really thought it was ok that she went from dating Odell to him was not a problem. She really didn't see anything wrong with this situation.
"Aaniyah... you really don't see anything wrong with this? You went from a year and a half with Odell to a couple of months with a college national champion?"
"It wasn't for a year a half first off."Aaniyah mumbled grabbing some milk
"Excuse me?"
"I said I, and Odell were not dating for a year and a half only. Now what else do you want to eat?"
By now both parties were getting upset and aggravated with each other and wanted nothing more than their other half to just let things be the way it was. But Quinn was persistent and Aaniyah was stubborn. Two things that did not mix at all. Aaniyah knew where her heart truly rested and she wanted to stop Quinn before she let all hell break loose manually.
"So you're keeping more secrets from me? What else do you have to hide Aaniyah. Lay the entire story on the table. We got more than enough time."Quinn stated, turning the stove off "Don't be looking shamed now. I want you to tell me everything and I mean everything."
"Quinn, we wouldn't have enough time in the world for you to hear the entire story of Aaniyah and Odell. NOW what else do you want with these eggs."
"I want you to tell me the truth."
Smirking Aaniyah looked into Quinn's eyes for what she knew could be the possible last time "Ok. Odell and I started dating our freshman year of college. So I guess you can say we pulled a couple years in secret. We did everything together. We're deeply in love with each other. For some reason our story wasn't the typical college sweetheart story that everyone hears about. We didn't let anybody into our relationship which is why our love and chemistry for each other still runs strong. We weren't that couple who had to post pictures of ourselves together. Which is why you'll never find any of us anywhere. Why do you think the public only claims we were together for a year and a half? Because that's when we decided to go public and that's the only picture the public will ever have of us on social media."
"Why do you keep referencing that relationship as if it's still going?"
"I'm gonna be honest with you, Quinn. I love you, really I do, but I'm in love with Odell. I've tried to be in love with you, but I can't make myself do that. These last few months we've been together have been amazing. But Odell has held my heart for years on end. I've given him everything that has to do with me. But before you get mad and think that I was just using you. I wasn't, it was Odell, who told me to give you a fair chance and to give you a fair fight. And I did, but I can't keep dragging you along like this Quinn. It's not fair to you. I'm sitting here holding some other girls perfect guy for my own selfishness. I'm holding another girls happiness captive while mine is in New York waiting for me to finally come home. I'm not the girl for you Quinn and you know this. And if you hate me for this then I understand. But you can't make me choose between years and months."
Signing Quinn ran his hands down his face."I'm not mad about this at all Aaniyah. If anything I'm more proud of you. I'm proud of you for owning up to your situation and for giving me the chance to get away while the feelings were still light. I realized month's ago that I only had love for you as a friend I just didn't want to hurt your feelings."
"So I'm guessing this is the end of our relationship. I hope that you find your dream girl and that she's completely yours. And please don't think all females have similar situations like mine because trust me they don't. The girl of your dreams is gonna pop up as soon as I leave just watch. I'm the one whose been holding you back and keeping real love from you. But like I said I wasn't right to do that because it's not my place."
"Thanks for the speech. But right now we have to worry about you. We need to get you home. I'm pretty sure Odell is ready for his baby to get out the arms of another man. I mean I'd personally drive down here to collect what's mine if I him."
"Trust me, he's tried multiple times. I'm just stopping him and yeah it wasn't the easiest thing to do at all."
"Oh, I know. A couple of my friends have been trying to fly, walk and drive down here to get you. But for real you need to get going. Go home to your happiness."
Nodding her head Aaniyah jumped off the counter and collected her things as she headed towards the front door. "Hey, Quinn."
"Yeah"
"Friends? I mean you're one cool guy and I'd hate to lose a friendship like yours over something like this."
"Yeah friends."Quinn smirked shooting her the bird.
"Boy bye."Aaniyah smiled shooting one back
And just like that she was on her way home to the man she truly belonged to, feeling her happiness starting to come back slowly but surely. As Quinn watched her drive away, he felt his heart break slowly piece by piece. Knowing that she'd never be his again was something simply heartbreaking for the 22 year old.