See You Later Kobe!!

Dear Kobe, 

We’ve heard nothing but great things about you from many great athletes and fans of the sport. But you may not have heard from the perspective of someone who’s aspiring to be just as great as you were in your field.

So I wanted to pen my own, thank you to you for being someone I can list as an inspiration. I know many who could thank you for being someone they wanted to mimic or pattern their game after.

 Well, not me, I want to mimic and pattern the mindset, the drive, the passion and the love you had for basketball in my own personal passion. While most would want to pick your brain to see what it was like to come up with some of the moves you came up with or how was it like to play with Michael Jordan. 

 I’d just like to sit down in your presence and ask what’s it like to be a legend in the making? What’s it like to have the mindset of someone who’s carrying a league of his back? But most of all I would want to know what it was like to give your heart to something you loved?  At such a young age, you gave your heart to a game. Your first love. You gave, your everything for this love without knowing any consequences that could come with it.

No matter the situation I never once heard anything about Kobe Bryant giving up on his love. Even when your love injured you, you still continued to push your love on it. You kept going and you kept going. Just loving and loving this love of yours without any comments on how your love would receive it. 

This is why I call you an inspiration.. This is why I call you Kobe Bryant an inspiration. Because you carried the weight of this league on your shoulders for 20 years. This is why I can, you an inspiration. Because even with tonight being your last game you’re still giving your heart to your first love. I call you an inspiration because after tonight when you take that jersey off for the final time. You’ll be leaving your heart with your first love never to be forgotten. 

So I THANK YOU Kobe for allowing me to witness you from a different perspective beyond the court the rise of a legend. I THANK YOU Kobe for 20 years. I THANK YOU Kobe for being Kobe. 

#MAMBADAY