Happy Birthday

Mitch pov
I got a message in the morning. It was Alex.

A: Happy Birthday

Right... It was my birthday. But who cares. Kirstie is in danger. I can't be all happy and loud when she's like that. Then Scott came in.

S: Hey.
M: Good morning samantha
S: Happy birthday Mitchell
M: Thanks.
S: Oh... and also... you got a letter.
M: Kay. Will check that later.
S: You better check it now.
M: Not in the mood.
S: it's from Kirstie.

I couldn't believe him.

M: Don't lie to me like that. You... you don't know the pain I have when I hear her name.
S: I am serious.
M: WHAT??!!

I ran downstairs and grabbed the letter. It was a clean white envelope with her initial K.M. I looked for the adresss but there weren't anything written on it.

M: Sc... Scott? How can she?
S: Someone's helping her. Don't worry.
M: Oh my god.
S: Hurry up and open it!!

My hands were trembling. I slowly opened.the envelope. There was a small letter in it. I put the envelope on the table and pulled the letter out.

M: Scott.... I don't know.
S: Do it

So I unfolded it and started to read it.

When I finished reading I was on the ground sobbing. I could feel the pain from the letter. I could see the tear stain on the paper. Why does it have to be her?

Scott pov
I saw Mitch just tumbling down and sobbing. I couldn't see him like that. I was sorry but I have to help him move on. That's the best for Mitch and Kirstie.

S: Mitchie stand up.
M: I... I..
S: Come on. Let's get you to bed and have a nap.
M: Kay.

He swayed a little and walked to his bedroom. So I called Avi.

A: Hey bro
S: Avi can you help me?
A: What is it?
S: I need to make Mitch move on.
A: What?
S: Mitch needs to move on from Kirst. I can't see him like that.
A: ...
S: It's the best for both.
A:... Alright. What do you want me to do?
S: I need you to find a girl.
A: a girl?
S: Yeah. Someone who can fill Mitch's heart.
A: Hmm... okay.
S: Thanks Avi

I ended the call. I inhaled deeply and wrote something on a paper. I tried to write it like Kirstie.

Dear Mitchell

I want you to move on. Don't you get it? I don't love you or care for you. Just fucking move on. I like the life as a princess. Do not bother me from now on.

After writing it, I could feel the guilt whelming me. But someone had to do it. And in this case. It shall be me. So I folded the paper neatly and put it ina clean envelope and wrote her initial. K.M. I went upstairs to check on Mitch. He had tear stains on his cheek and he was sound asleep.

S: Oh boy. How can i hurt you. Please understand me.

Then I scurried downstairs. I put the letters on the desk and went out.

Avi pov
I was thinking of a girl. So I asked help to Esther.

A: Hey sis. Got anyone who is cute kind and small?
E: Hmm...? Why do you ask?
A: just
E: Think I know some.
A: Kay could you tell me who they are?
E: Sure.

Esther brought her phone. She showed a picture to me. She looked alot like Kirstie and she was cute. Her name was Laura. She is the one.

Mitch pov
I came downstairs and saw that Scott left. I had a great nap so I was okay. Then I found the envelope sayinf K.M.
What the....? I opened it and there was a paper with only few sentences. As I slowly read them I shivered in disbelief. So I called Scott.

S: Hello?
M: Tell me you are lying!! It's not funny. How... how...
S: Mitchie...
M: I... I am sorry Scott.
S: It's okay. What's wrong?
M: Just come back here fast and... stay... stay with me.
S: Kay.

Scott pov
I was with Jiin. After Kirstie was kidnapped I couldn't spend much time with her. We were on our way to movie.

S: Hon....
J: Yeah?
S: I have to go back
J: Why?
S: Mitch... he needs me.

She looked upset.

J: Why... Am I not important to you?
S: No babe.. You are my everything.
J: Stop lying you always leave me when Mitch wants you. Is it me or Mith?
S: Hon. Mitch lost his girlfriend.
J: Well I think I have too.

On our way she was grasping her skirt trying to stop her tears falling off but it wasn't quite working. So I stopped the car.

S: Hon... Please don't cry.

But she wasn't stopping.

J: Just take me to my home

So I started to drive again. She was having hard time. When I arrived at her house I was going to open the door for her like I always did. But she opened the door and went out.

J: Scott. I want to break up with you.

I was shocked.

S: Jiin... But I love you I loved you more than anything!
J: No. No you don't.
S: Jiin!
J: Have you ever tried to understand me?
S: What?
J: Think! If I am on a date with you and I always leave because of a friend?
S: Jiin Kirstie is missing!
J: I know! I am the one who is having hard time! She was like my sister! I know how to cry. I know how to sob. But I didn't because I didn't want to make you worry! Hoying think about others. There are alot more to others than you think.

I... I was speechless. Everything she said was right. Why am I so dumb? I swayed/ walked back to the car. I drove to my house. I was just.... shocked. While driving all of Jiin's bitter smile came to me. Why didn't I catch this before...?

When I arrived I went inside to see Mitch on the couch crying.

M: Scott..

I looked at him.

S: Not now... Just please not now.

Mitch looked confused.

M: What happened?
S: I said not now! You... You... I might say some stuff that are regretfull. Just... please leave me alone.

I pushed him aside and went up to my room. I couldn't look at him right now. I had to take control of my feelings. But it was just too hard. As I swayed to my desk there was a picture of me and Jiin at a park. I realized that we were always together before Kirstie went missing. This is a disaster. I should have taken care of Jiin. She must have had hard time too.
I was banging my head on my palms. I felt a tear escape.

S: No. Be strong. For Kirstie. For everyone.

A/N
Tomorrow is my final day of exam! But I am writing this for you guys♥ Enjoy!