Chapter 5

Becca's P.O.V

My eyes shot open and I gasped for breath. I repeatedly gasped, I don't know how long I hadn't been breathing, but it was too long. I didn't try to make my eyes adjust, I knew I was in Braxton's arms.

"Oh God, Becca!" Braxton hugged me tightly.
"Braxton, I'm not dead."

Braxton let me go. Fear corroded in his eye.
"What? Did I say something?" I asked.
"Do you have any idea of what you just did?" Asher asked.
I sat up in Braxton's lap. Asher held Callum out to me and I happily took him.
"No." I said. "But you can tell me while I feed Callum. Since you two have failed to get his milk, I will do so myself with Callum in my hands." I snapped.
Getting up from Braxton's lap, Callum in hand, I walked to where I kept Callum's milk near the tent. I kept it out here so it wouldn't go bad. I didn't have any nipples for the bottle so I formed one from ice. Callum was wide awake, probably knowing he was going to be fed. I fed him then burped him and laid him down for a nap in the tent.
"So you don't remember what happened at all?" Braxton asked me.
I honestly didn't know. I woke up in Braxton's lap, covered in the blood of a wolf I apparently killed.
"No." I said.
"Your hands were sheathed in ice shards, your hair was flowing above you, like what you would see if someone was swimming and suddenly stopped, allowing their hair to come to a flowing stop. Your shirt was frosted over, and your eyes glowed bright white. It was like you were possessed by a another, unearthly being." Asher said.
"And you chanted 'Et rege tela ferire suus finis'. What were you even saying?" Braxton asked.
I thought hard on what he said I was chanting. It sounds like the Ancient Language of the Kolons. The Kolons spoke in code, also known as Script, like Sika was code for Ice. But they died off seventy four years ago. Why would I be chanting a dead language? I had studied Script for three years, so it was still fairly simple to understand it.
'Et rege tela ferire suus finis' this translates to 'I guide my weapon to hit it's goal.'
"I guide my weapon to hits it's mark." I whispered.
"What?" Asher and Braxton said in unison.
"I was speaking Script. I was saying, 'I guide my weapon to hit its goal'." I told them.
"That's impossible, no one knows Script anymore." Asher said.
"Well obviously whatever or whoever possessed me does." I snapped.
Braxton drew back, as if I was a wild animal that might bite him. Pain flashed in his eyes briefly, hurt by my outburst.
"I'm sorry Braxton, I am just tired and hurting." I apologized.
"It's ok, I think we all are." Asher said.
"I do have a thought though." Braxton said aloud.
"What would it be?" Asher asked.
"Where did that wolf come from? We are out in the middle of nowhere, in a barren, frozen wasteland. Wolves can live in cold environments, but there has to be shelter, there isn't shelter for miles. We have walked this wasteland, God knows how long-"

"Two weeks." I said.

"And seen nothing but ice and snow. No trees or forests." Braxton said, perplexed.

"I don't know." I said.
"Do you think it was a Beta?" Asher asked.
"Beta's were never capable of being wolves." I said.
"But what if they have evolved the technology of a Beta, and put a Beta's mindset in a wolf?" Braxton asked.
"They couldn't have. Then it's eyes would have been blue, not gold." I said.

That is the only way we identify Betas. They have bright blue eyes. This is because Betas are actually humans that can shift into any animal form that has keen smell. But for some reason, they could never shift into wolves and it effected them greatly. But that was maybe three or four years ago, God knows how they have evolved since then. All that matters is they are GovCore made, vicious, live for the hunt, and need to be slaughtered.
Every. Last. One.
None of them deserve to live if they only live for the hunt. They are wicked beasts.

"Then it was just a wolf. I don't know where it came from." Braxton said.

"I'm to tired to think anymore." I said.

"You can go to sleep Becca, Brax and I will watch." Asher said.

I turned and gave him a stern look, much like the one your mother would give you if she caught you with your hand in the cookie jar.

'Well, I guess I am a Mother now. Callum is my nephew, but I might as well raise him to be my own.'

"I don't know. You two obviously have problems being nice." I said.

"We promise we will be nice." Braxton said.

I smiled slyly. "Alright."

Quick as a flash, I drew water from outside of the tent, and made a spiked frozen barrier between them.

"If either of you decide you want to tackle the other, you will need to brake this barrier. But if you do so, I will know, and it will not end well for either of you." I hissed.

Asher made Callum a "crib" next to my intention in the tent, and I closed my eyes as my aching body relaxed.

I awoke in an alternate reality.

A tall, red headed boy with fair skin was standing before me. To his right was a slightly shorter tan boy with shaggy brown hair. He was more muscular than the red head, but he was shorter. To the left of the red head was a skinny, honey blonde girl with bright blue eyes. Then to her left was a tall black haired girl with deep hazel eyes, she had a more noticeable build than the blonde. They all stood in a line, side by side.

"Hello Becca." The red head said.

"We have been waiting for an opportunity to summon you." Said the blonde.

"You are very special, and we want to help you reach your potential." The shaggy brown boy.

"We are the last Kolons, and we are here to mentor you." Said the girl with black hair.

"Why me? Why not Braxton or Asher? Maybe Cal-"

"Callum has great potential, he is your kin, but we can only appear to you. Your mind is so guarded, it has taken us months to be able to enter." The read head said.

"When you saw that wolf over Callum, you momentarily let your guard down, and Madallaine entered your body. She helped you kill it." The shaggy brown boy said.

"All she did was guide you, what you did was all you. Your power, its incredibly rare, and the last one to have your power was killed before his true potential was unlocked. We will not allow it to happen to you." Said the blonde.

"Ok, so you want to mentor me. I see many problems with this." I said.

"And what would they be?" Asked the red head.

"I don't know any of your powers, your names, nor why you picked me." I said.

"My apologies, I am Adrian." The red head said.

"And your powers?" I asked.

"I can manipulate ice." Adrian said.

"Is that all?" I asked, perplexed.

"No, I can also fly and I can size shift." He said.

"Alright, next?" I asked.

"I am Rowan," Said the shaggy brown haired boy.

"I am Madallaine. I can manipulate plants, I have enhance awareness, and marksmanship." Said the blonde.

"I am Raya. I can adapt to any atmosphere, I have enhanced tracking, and flexibility." Said the black haired girl.

"Ok, thank you." I said.

"Becca," Adrian said seriously. "You can't tell the other about us. We will no longer be able mentor you if others think we are sparking the Revolt."

"Revolt?" I asked. Adrian lifted his hand to stop me from going on.

"That is all for now, 'till me meet again Becca." Adrian faded, then Rowan followed. Along with Raya and then Madallaine.

I woke and sat bolt up-right. Callum was sound asleep, Braxton was too. Asher was the only one awake. and he stared motionless out a window he made in the tent. I rolled over, closed my eyes and slept again. I didn't dream this time.