Chapter 33

When a blood stopping scream pierced the air, I spun, leaving Toby. Annabeth was gripping Beck's clothes tight in her hands. She is now weeping hysterically, wet tears streaming down her pail skin.

"You'll die! I lost you seventeen years ago and I finally have you back. I won't get you back if you do this!" She cried.

"I have to, Annabeth." He said to her.

Annabeth was on her knees now, to hysterical to stand. I ran to her and held her.

"Annabeth, Annabeth stop crying. Breathe." I whispered to her. She stopped shaking and began to breathe again, less rigidly.

"Tell me what's wrong."

Of course this is the most perfect time for my to ask her what's wrong. Power out, sirens blaring, Emergency lights only, brother standing still as stone.

"T-Tr-Tristan put B-Beck on the fr-front line." She whimpered.

I suddenly understood her reason for panic. The brother she had lost seventeen years ago is finally back in her life and now he is being sent to the front lines, to fight against guns and Betas with his bare fists. Does Beck even have powers? I don't know, that's another question for another time. I didn't know how to help her, honestly. I lost Brody but I thought he was dead...I guess it's harder even wondering if my long lost brother was dead or alive somewhere either being beaten or living it up. I Held her tightly and rocked slightly. I let her go when she stopped crying.

"Have you asked Tristan to take him off the front lines?" I asked.

Annabeth went very still, statue like almost. She stood up, out of my arms, and said solemnly.

"He will."

Toby looked very wary of her, Annabeth the sweet one now making serious threats to our General. She started to jog and soon the atmosphere morphed around her and she was gone.

"Oh dang," Beck said. "how long has she been able to do that."

"Awhile." I said.

Beck sighed and ran to the nearest stare well. I walked to Toby and breathed in his warm scent. He smelled musky, like the forest after a rainfall. I loved that smell. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head. I could hear his heart beating faster as he took a deep breath.

"Becca," he said.

I lifted my head to look into his eyes.

"The General has spoken to me about the battle the is approaching us rapidly." He breathed rigidly.

I let him go, now just his hands held mine. My heart was beating faster and faster as my mind raced for what he was trying to say.

"Toby, what are you trying to say?" I asked.

"The General wants me and my pack on the front lines." He said finally.

My heart drooped to my feet. It feels as though my whole world was coming unraveled. Next thing I know Brody and Callum will be on the front lines! Why does the General have to do this?

Annabeth was acting accordingly, I am sure I am no better. My mate and maybe Brody or Cal, both sent to the front lines... no, no they won't be.

*************

Annabeth stormed from the Generals quarters, cursing loudly at his name. She didn't even seem fazed when she ran right into me; making us both tumble to the floor, our arms and legs entangled.

"Oomph!"

"Omigod! I'm so sorry Rebecca!" She said.

I froze, still as stone. Tessa was the last one to call me Rebecca...