Chapter 13

{Becca}

I blink repeatedly, the sun is blinding after being in a dark tent. I look around the base, Betas sit and lay everywhere. Some in animal form, others not. I never really understood why some Betas thought being in animal form was better than human form.

I think it's because they were made with too much animal and not enough human. And they prefer giving in to their animal more than their human. But it doesn't matter to me, human or animal, they all should be dead. I sneer at a few that eye me lustfully.

I have never seen why any man eyes me. I'm not like one of those adorned beauty queens, I'm mostly normal.
I stand at five-foot-ten, tall for a girl. With my long gray hair that runs all the way down to my lower back, and my bright green eyes. However I am very evenly proportioned and curvy for a tall girl. I guess that's what they like. With Austin on my left arm and Toby on my right we began walking.

One Beta, maybe 16, crosses my path and purposely bumped into me. I feel his hand grab my breast.

"Hey!" I yelled at him.

He only turned to looked at me like he was expecting me to be waiting in his bed. I spit at him as he kept walking to join his little gang of six other boys.

I struggled against Toby and Austin to turn around. I finally could see him an his gang staring back at me. I smirk devilishly, causing them to focus on me. I used my chained hand to flip him off and turn back around. I can hear them laughing behind me. A few holler.

"Leave her in my tent!" One called

"I'll straighten her out." The other said.

But they will soon learn that I am not to messed with, Austin already knows this. Toby and Austin lead me all the way around the camp to a lone tent. It was solid cement and was bigger that the others I had seen. It was silent; my heart stopped.

They tricked me! They made me think they were taking me to Brody and got me to keep from using my powers, and now they are leading me to my death!

I rapidly began to resent and struggle fiercely. Grunting as I used all my energy.

"We had a deal Bio." Toby hissed as he tightened his grip on my arm.

I was breathless and tired after my struggle. With no energy left, I let them lead me into the cement tent. They opened the doors and pushed me in, they followed behind me.

Instantly the metallic rust-like scent of blood filled my nose. It was hard to breathe without getting a whiff of blood and sometimes infection. The room was dark, damp, and little to no light. Which allowed more infection and disease to grow here. As my eyes adjusted to the dim light I saw that cells ran along the walls of both sides. It was definitely bigger on the inside, there were maybe six cells on each side and one huge two door room at the very end.

We walked forward and I looked into the cells, there was one or two Betas in each cell. We walked further. Two Betas were being beaten in their cells as we walked by, Toby and Austin kept walking. We stopped before the two-door cell. Toby banged on the door three times, and stood back. After a minute, a guard opened the door.

"Shato kay leairto Brody." Toby said.

"Jec mey lito, tiko mella prolo sey holo. Mera jec tosay yava goz lepo pareto." The guard spat back.