Chapter 32 (Asher)

I heard that Becca had gone to the MedBase. I ran down there to find her nowhere near. I stopped a doctor that walked past me.

"Is Becca Stern down here?"

"No, she left with Private Poppy. I think they mentioned going to the dorms?" He said.

I walked to the stairwell and took three flights down. Dorms are on the fifth floor idiot! I took another two flights and opened the door latch that said "Level 5". I remembered Becca's dorm room, but she wasn't in there. They might be in Poppy's dorm, but I don't know where that is.

'Now is the chance to come up with the lie.' My conscious said.

'Do I really want to do this? Becca has been nothing but nice to me...'

'Do you want her to spend her life with that mutt?'

'No, she belongs to me.'

"Okay." I said, clapping my hands together.

As I'm thinking of a plan in my head, Raya walked towards me. As she neared, I could see the anger in her eyes. As soon as she walked past me, I let out a breathe I was unaware I was holding. I should have kept it in. Raya turned, grabbed my right arm, twisted it behind my back and shoved me hard into the wall. I gasped as I felt my shoulder pop from its socket.

"You haven't been doing your job Asher." She hissed. "They are still together and I have not heard one rumor going around. If you don't do your job soon," she pushed my arm further up. I whimpered silently as I felt the muscle being torn from bone. "I'll make it to where you will suffer eternally as she's with another lover."

Her words cut deep, like a knife being pulled straight from the fire and cutting skin. 'You will suffer eternally as she's with Braxton'. She will be mine, she is mine.

"Okay, I was on my way to Becca when you stopped me. I'm still going Raya I promise." I said. Raya let me go, and I turned around.

She quickly punched me in the arm and I nearly collapsed when I felt my shoulder go back into the socket.

"Get. It. Done."

I nodded, Raya left and I continued on.

'What to tell her... what if I told her that he's having an affair with Macy? No, Macy stays in Becca's dorm. How about an Affair with Maria? Yea! Maria hates Becca for mating with Toby.'
I walked to the nearest stairwell and took fie flights down to the dorm areas. I instantly wanted to slap myself. I only know Becca's dorm, I have no clue what or where Poppy's is. I had find it. This may be what brings Becca back to me. I walked on, pretending to know what I was doing. I stopped the Private that walked past me.

"Where is Private Poppy's dorm? I was sent to speak with her privately."

"D10."

Jumping up and down like a moron, I sprinted to D10. It was on the second level of the Dorms. I put my ear to the door and listened.

"I don't know Becca, that sounds really suspicious of him." Poppy said.

"I know, he has never acted this way and it scares me. I can usually predict what he is going to do but lately I haven't seen him and he seems to be avoiding me. I think he is up to something." Becca replied.

This made my heart skip, Toby was actually cheating on Becca! So there is no lying to it! I knocked on the door before they moved to another topic. I hear the shuffle of feet and move back from the door. Poppy answers.

"Hello Asher," she greets me. "Are you looking for Becca?"

"Yes, there is something important I must tell her." I said, stepping into the door frame.

"Okay." She said letting me pass.

Becca sat on Poppy's bed, gauze rapped her ankle and wrist. Anger raged inside me, whoever did this would pay...dearly.

"Asher? Are you okay?" Becca asked me. I snapped from my thoughts, focusing on her.

"I am afraid not, Becca." I said. She sat up tentatively.

"What is it?"she asked.

"I am afraid I bring bad news," I said.

"What happened? Is it Cal? Are Toby and Brody alright?" She asked, standing.

"They are fine, but I am afraid this is about Toby..." I prolonged. Becca said nothing but I continued.

"I fear that Toby may be leading you on."

Becca sighed deeply. "Asher, when are you going to accept that Toby and I are together? I know how you feel, Asher, but I choose Toby." She said.

Anger pulsed through me and I blurted out, "Becca, Toby is sleeping with Maria!"

"What? Why would you insinuate such a thing Asher? You know what," She said, standing and marching to me. I shrunk away from her intense stare, fearful.

"Until you can accept that I have chosen Toby, not you and not Braxton, don't talk to me. Don't come near me, I hate that it has come to this. I thought you were mature enough to move on... I was clearly wrong about that." Becca pushed me out of the dorm and the door slid closed.

Well, that worked...

Oh shut up. This was all your fault, if I had just gone with the feeling in my gut and moved on, she would have at least spoken to us. I told my conscience.

I walked to my dorm and open the door. I definitely didn't expect to see Cash kissing on Annabeth. They both froze once they saw me in the door way. Annabeth's face flushed instantly and she ran from the room. I gawked at her.

"How long have you and Annabe-"

"It's been a secret up until now. My brother and sister they have yet to find out. You are the first person to see us together." Cash said, running his lips.

"Are you like, ashamed of being with Annabeth?" I asked.

"No, I...I have just had a hard time being with others that I didn't want to tell anyone before we were official." He said.

Yet it had to be with Annabeth? I thought. He could have chosen Poppy, or Paris. In all honest, I couldn't believe Paris didn't have guys all over her. I recall her saying one of her powers was seduction.

"Why Annabeth?" I asked.

"I have know her for a long time, we have been through a lot together."

"Oh," I said. "I see." I walked to my bed and lied down.

Just as the sirens went off and the power flickered. I could hear Cash running to open the door. He grunted as he slid the door open with ease.

"Becca!" I could hear Toby calling.

"Toby!" Came a course shriek.

In the flashing of the emergency light I could see them embrace. My heart stopped at the sight of Toby kissing her.

"Mutt." I whispered. I started to walk towards the stair well when the General's voice came over the intercom.

"Attention Haven base! We are under attack by GovCore! We have one day before they reach us, everyone report to Level two for instructions! No exceptions!"

That's when a blood stopping scream echoed in the air. I lean over the rail and see Annabeth in tears, holding onto Beck.