Chapter 24

Raya said that she had been sent by Adrian to help me in my training. She also told me that every thousand years, the Kolons can take a new form. This time she chose human, and it had been three thousand years since she had taken a form other spiritual. It made me smile when she had asked me how to use a spoon again.

"Why can't you guys just meet me in my dreams?" I asked.

"Because when you mated that Beta boy, there was a very dense, fog-like cover placed on your mind. We have been trying to break it, but it was too strong."

"So you took human form to help me?" I asked.

"Something like that." She said.

I nodded. I really wanted to know how long this had been going on. I haven't been outside or seen the sun since we brought in the Betas, which reminds me to ask Toby about them. I snapped from my thoughts when Raya made a smart remark about us having no training. The General walked into the cafeteria then.

"Becca," He greeted me. "and who is this?" he asked.

"Raya Beam, Sir. I was assigned to the well-being Becca Stern."

"I assigned Private Annabeth King to such task Private. She is well fitted for such task and you shouldn't worry. On another topic." He turned to me now. "As of tomorrow, you and fellow Privates will begin basic training. There is a war going on and I expect everyone on the base to participate. Private Becca, Private Beam," General Tristan raised his arm in a stiff salute. We stood and mimicked him.

"Privates, rest up. Tomorrow won't be easy." He dropped salute and walked away.

Raya turned on me as soon as he was out or sight. "No one else knows who I really am Becca. As far as anyone knows, I'm Private Raya Beam... even to you."

"Okay." I said.

Raya and I dispersed, so I went and looked for Toby.

What did he say at one point? Mates can see each other through the bond we share? I tried to focus of Toby, or at least what he looked like. I stood sill against the wall, concentrating hard on Toby. There was a jail cell, a boy chained to a wall, blood splattered on the floor. I gasped. He's in the prison! I ran to the door of the nearest stairwell,breathing heavily as I flied down the steps. I prayed I wouldn't miss one and fall twelve flights. Level 5. Level 4. Level 3. Level two is my stop. I skipped through the two security checks with ease, seeing that there weren't any guards to stop me.

I ran up and down the white walled corridor, looking for any sign of Toby. I ran up the twenty-four cell hall before giving up.

"Toby!" I called, my voice echoing off the walls.

I'm feeling light headed suddenly, weak too. I feel as though my legs would give way, and they did, but I never touched the floor. I went unconscious.

*****************************************************************************************************

"Becca."

I bolted upwards in my bed, my back ramrod straight. Toby pressed a damp cloth on my head.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You ran down five flights of stairs, and up the jail twice. You passed out." He said.

"How long have I been in bed?" I asked.

"Only a few hours." He looked at his watch. "It's 0800 right now. Everyone is heading down for dinner, do you want me to bring you something?" He asked.

"Sure." I said.

I didn't want him to leave me, but I wanted time to be alone. It's like the two parts of my heart are at war. God, I'm thirsty. I quickly scan the room for water. There's a cup on the table. It's still fresh, condensation only just beginning. I effortlessly summon the water to me, and drink all of it shamelessly. I remember this is the first time I have used my powers since I discovered that I had the rare ability of Blood manipulation. Since I almost killed Asher.

God that's heavy. The General said that we would begin training tomorrow, I wonder if we will practice training with our powers.... Annabeth's tablet dinged on her bed, untouched from when we all left for lunch.

IMPORTANT: NEW SCHEDULE RELEASED (1/2)

Am Planning.

0400- morning mile run, basic training, 0500- strategy courses, 0600- physical observation, 0700- breakfast, 0800- power strengthening, 0900- emotion control, 1000- lunch, 1100- single/double training, 1200- individual training.

"Dang." I breathed.

"What?" Toby asked, carrying two tray of food.

"The General has sent out the new schedules." I said, trading him the tablet for the tray of food.

Meatloaf with steamed carrots and cornbread. Good God I freaking love meatloaf. I stuff my mouth with the carrots while Toby eyed the schedule.

"This new schedule applies to everyone, there is a war going on and everyone needs to do their part to help this base stay strong. Their will be tolerance granted to some but not all."I devoured the cornbread hastily. "Please comply to these requests, or punishments will be resorted to. The General." Toby read.

I started the thick slice of cheesy meatloaf when Anna's table dings again.

"Its the rest of the schedule." He said, reading it.

"And?" I prompt, mouthful of loaf.

"Pm planning. 0100 is free time, 0200 is mental observation, 0300 is break, 0400 is battle training hand to hand, 0500 is battle training with weapons, 0600 is battle training with our powers, 0700 is weapon assembling, 0800 is dinner, 0900 is final inspection, and 0930 is lights out."

"They like control." I said.

"Seems like." He said, eating with me.

"Toby, what did we do with those Betas?" I asked.

"The General had them taken for questioning."

"They only wanted to be with their Alpha."

"You understood them?"

I nod. Toby smiled.