Chapter 6

Asher's P.O.V

Becca tossed and turned, she even woke up at one point. I didn't glance her way, but I know she was looking at me. She rolled over and went back to sleep. I had made a window in the tent by only closing the opening more than half way. I was about to wake Brax up, it was probably close to 5:30 in the morning, it had been seven hours.

'Asher!'
I jumped, surprised by the noise.
"Hello?" I whispered.
'Asher, it's Brody!'
"Brody!" I said.
'Sshhh!'
'How are you talking to me?' I asked.
'Asher, you and I have always had a special bond. I have discovered another power. I am now able to communicate with you telepathically. I don't know how long or how often I will be able to talk.' Brody said.
'Ok, then why are you talking to me? We can't rescue you if that's what you're thinking.' I said.
'I just want to know about Matilda and my son.' Brody said.
I inhaled sharply. 'Brody, Matilda, she...she died in childbirth. I'm sorry.'
It felt like someone was stabbing me, right in the chest, and viciously twisted the knife repeatedly. This must be what Brody is feeling. I can't imagine what it wold feel like if I lost Becca. If this is what Brody feels like losing Matilda, it would be a hundred times worse losing Becca. I love her. Brody was silent.
'Your son if fine though. He has Matilda's voice, but he is definitely your son. He has your eyes, and your nose.' I said.

'What is his name? Did Matilda name him before she...'

'No, Becca named him Callum. Cal for short.' I said. I heard Brody chuckle and I could imagine the smile he had on his face.

'I had hoped to see him. Once I saw I was going to have a son, I knew I needed to see him. But it won't be happening, they are looking for you guys. They are dead serious, they have sent the Betas out. I would run away if I had the chance, but I fear they have chipped me. I could never live with myself if they found you because of me.' Brody said.
'I know. We are now well ready to handled the Betas, trust me.' I chuckled, remembering how Becca killed the wolf.
'Asher, I want you to know something.'
'Yea?' I asked.
'Remember when I was taken?' Brody asked.
'Yea.'
'I know you used me being your friend as an excuse to get closer to Becca .'
'I...I, I'm sorry. I really am Brody-'
'If you were too scared to get to know her yourself your pathetic. If you ever use her I will make it so that you wont find another girl, Get the picture?' Brody said.
'Yes. I get it.' I said.
'Crap, their coming.' There was absolute terror in his voice.
'I will contact you when I can.' Brody said. There was nothing then, it was over.