Chapter 14

******Hey guys! This chapter is an extended chapter in Becca's point of view, so I hope this won't be too confusing.******

"What was that?!" I asked, fearfully.

"Its sounded like a bomb." Brody said brightly. He looked much more alive now that I've healed him.

"We need to get out of here, we need to see what is going on and try to get out." I said.

I was thinking of a plan when I hear someone yell through the door.

"Toby, Austin, it's the Rebellion!"

I looked at Brody, hope had replaced the fear in his eyes.

"It's the Haven's fighting force!" I said.

I ran and banged on the door, shocked to find it completely unlocked and unguarded. Quickly I grabbed Brody's arm and we ran, we ran past all the Betas in the cells, we ran to get out of the hell-hole they had kept him in. When we got out, the scene was in total chaos. Betas were attacking the Rebels and the Rebels fought back. I heard Beta after Beta whining and falling dead.

I couldn't find Toby, if I could, I would've killed him for beating me. I still had Brody's hand in mine when I was tackled to the ground by a Beta. I remembered her instantly, it was the female I kicked in the face. In her salt-and-pepper wolf form she was strong. Stronger than she was when I fought her before. She snarled and tried biting at my face. I held her throat with my hands and could barely keep her from my face. Acting on instinct, I wound water around my fingers and froze them into daggers on each finger. I curled my fingers and dug them into her throat, she whined and tried to pull away but I held tight and dug them in deeper. Her blood dripped all over my face, and some got on my clothes when she fell dead atop me.

"Becca!"

That sounds like Asher...

Sure enough, Asher came into view and threw the Beta off me.

"Let's go!" He said.

I quickly turned and looked for Brody. He wasn't anywhere to be seen. I began panicking, I lost my twin four weeks ago. I'm not going to lose him again.

"Asher, I have to find Brody. I can't lose him again." I said, unhooking my arm from his grip. I was so focused on finding Brody, I didn't realize he had grabbed it.

"Becca, the Rebels got him while you were fighting the Beta. He is safely on the ship along with Brax and Cal. Now let's go!" Asher said taking my arm again to lead me towards the Hover. He let go after he realized I was running with him.

As we ran towards the Rebel hover, I tripped and fell. Asher didn't notice, I picked myself up and began running again. I was maybe ten feet from the Hover when Toby ran out in front of me.

"Your mine." He growled.

He didn't shift into wolf form, so I assumed he wants to fight in human form. I summoned water to my side, and readied myself for his attack. We circled each other, waiting to see who would attack first. Toby lunged and threw a right hook. I dodged, made an ice katana, and cut him right down his back. He fell to the ground, and I neared him to finish what he started. I lowered my katana, I was stupid for doing so.

Toby spun and slapped the katana out of my hand, and it shattered on the ground. Before I could summon another, he had tackles me to the ground. He had my arms pinned down, and I could feel his fangs barring down in my throat.

"You know how easy it will be to rip your pretty throat out? I just have to press slightly harder, and that it." Toby breathed.

He lifted his head and looked at my face, but froze. His eye locked with mine, and he seemed to be having a vision. Being an opportunistic fighter, I kneed Toby in his crotch. This snapped him out of it and he rolled off me.

I ran and boarded the Hover, breathless. I buckled up and the Hover took off, out the window I could see Toby standing, staring at the Hover in awe. We flew off and I tried not to think about what just happened.

I felt blood falling from the four dots on my throat when Toby was close to taking my life. I let it fall freely, anything to keep my mind from wondering back to the thought I feared most....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Oo, what's thought does she fear?? Sorry not spoiling it! ❤️